PDA

View Full Version : Camera Store Run!

T-Bird76
2006-02-23, 04:47 PM
Well its time for me to buy a new lens and after looking over my current assortment I've decided on an ultra wide angle by Sigma, they just introduced the 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM. I already have one of their DC series lens and I'm very pleased with it.

Other goodies I need is another 1.0 gig CF card, another spare battery, and I'm thinking of a speed flash. Athough I don't do much photography that requires a flash now I'd like some suggestions. I prob could hold off on the flash and put it towards another lens.... :lol: what to buy though, lol

Hey Mario I'm going to Cameta its just down the street from you.......that Sigma 18-125mm has your name on it....... :twisted: :twisted:

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-23, 04:50 PM
I need a third battery, a pack of sensor swabs and a tripod (and/or a monopod).

T-Bird76
2006-02-23, 04:56 PM
DAM I FORGOT THE TRIPOD, LOL that was the sole purpose of going there in the first place. The tripod I have now is a weapon, I need something smaller and lighter weight. Thanks Phil I would completely have forgotten. Ok no flash now.

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-23, 04:57 PM
I think Mike P. is selling a flash. The 580EX. You should really consider it.

Here's the thread (http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1695)

moose135
2006-02-23, 07:56 PM
I got a pretty nice tripod at Cameta last fall, just before my DC trip. I'll check out the brand/model tonight and let you know what it is. I was happy with it, probably shot 200 night photos down in DC using it.

JRadier
2006-02-25, 11:59 AM
DAM I FORGOT THE TRIPOD, LOL that was the sole purpose of going there in the first place. The tripod I have now is a weapon, I need something smaller and lighter weight. Thanks Phil I would completely have forgotten. Ok no flash now.
the heavier a tripod is, the more stable it is...... ;)

T-Bird76
2006-02-25, 01:42 PM

yeah but trust me this thing could kill someone, lol :wink:

JRadier
2006-02-25, 04:44 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":1e2cf]DAM I FORGOT THE TRIPOD, LOL that was the sole purpose of going there in the first place. The tripod I have now is a weapon, I need something smaller and lighter weight. Thanks Phil I would completely have forgotten. Ok no flash now.

yeah but trust me this thing could kill someone, lol :wink:[/quote:1e2cf]
just keep it away from mario and you'll be fine (referring to a recent thread ;))

mirrodie
2006-02-26, 12:09 PM
Yes.. it wouldnt have been pretty if that tripod was around!

well, today we'll knw if Tom went to B+H!

T-Bird76
2006-02-26, 01:10 PM
i didn't go to B&H today, it was just to dam cold to walk from Penn Station to B&H. However I ordered my lens from them online, the cost of the shipping was the same as a train ticket so it was a wash, plus I didn't have to get dressed to go shopping, lol.

I was really disappointed in Cameta yesterday, this was the third time I've been there in the past couple of months they didn't have what I wanted. Then he was pushing the Tamrom 11-18mm on me, the thing felt like a POS. It was slow focusing, had a plastic feel to it, and just didn't seem to respond very well. So in a couple of days I'll have my new Sigma lens in hand.