PDA

View Full Version : Spotting @ LGA,JFK,EWR

TXL
2006-02-12, 01:35 PM
Hi,
first i would like to introduce myself.
My name is Maik and i life in Berlin/Germany.
I will come to NY on April 10 and i would love to spot at the 3Airports.
Cause i will have no car there i must go by trains and buses...
I would be very pleased if you can give me some information which points are reachable by the MTA and which you can refer to me.
Especially for JFK and LGA.

Thank you very very much

Greetings Maik

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-12, 03:24 PM
Hi Maik,

Welcome to the boards!

For your trip to the area, you cna use these maps to help you out. Both show locations for LGA and JFK, and let you know how to use public transportaition where it is accessible.

http://nycaviation.com/lgaspotting

http://nycaviation.com/jfkspotting

TXL
2006-02-13, 03:46 PM
Thanks very much, i found enough for LGA.

But for JFK im not sure which points are "easy" reachable for me, and which you can recommend for me.

So i would be very thankfull for additional information.

Greetings from TXL

Maik

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-13, 03:59 PM
Honestly, I don't know any for JFK that are easy by public transportation.

There are still several months to go before you arrive, so maybe as we get closer some local spotters will go out there and can meet or pick you up somewhere.

TXL
2006-03-21, 02:27 PM
Hey,
now that 3weeks are left to my trip and i donīt have any information for JFK. For my camera i choose positions B,C,D.
So is there no chance to reach them by public transportation?
Or have you some spots at the terminal which are not indicated on the map?
Sorry for writig again but want to take a few pictures at JFK.

Kind regards from Berlin

Maik

T-Bird76
2006-03-21, 03:20 PM
TXL JFK isn't all that easy to get public transportation to any of the spotting locations, and if they are using the 22s you can completely forget about good public transportation. From the terminal you can spot from the jetBlue AirTrain station, I've seen some good pics from there. Perhaps when you come to NYC if you spot on a weekend let us know and maybe we can arrange to pick you up. Keep us informed of your plans.

TXL
2006-04-07, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone,
now the final weekend has come. I will arrive in New York this Monday and i plan to go spotting at JFK around next thursday or Friday.
Now my question is, is someone of you folks outside on those days?
Cause i donīt have a regular internet connection in my hotel it would be helpfull if someone could tell if theres something going....

Greetings from Germany
Maik

T-Bird76
2006-04-07, 11:20 AM
I'm going to try to take off on Friday and do some spotting, Sat is def out being its the holiday weekend. As Friday gets closer I'll know a bit better what's going on.