PDA

View Full Version : think I should start uploading again?

mirrodie
2006-02-11, 08:50 PM
well, Thanks to Tommy and Phil, it came to my surprise (translate: I fogrgot) that I had a precious few images on jpphotos and one on anet.

truth be told, I wont even waste the energy to upload to anet. Ive known and seen the frustrations of those who talents far surpass mine and quite frankly, who needs it.

So I might upload to jp.net.

thoughts?

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-11, 09:44 PM
GO FOR IT!!!!

Mario, you are no stranger to the camera. Now that you have a new digital, the little fire inside you now has the oxygen to breathe and grow!!! Ok, that was weird, but really, it's time for you to share you work with us. All of us want to see it.

Think about it though. Honestly, why NOT post your shots on JetPhotos.net? Their standards are not low, so it's not dumbing yourself down. Their traffic is good, and you get the chance to express your work....which is what it's all about.

T-Bird76
2006-02-11, 09:57 PM
You definitely should Mario you have some great stuff and should share it

Tom_Turner
2006-02-12, 12:00 AM
[quote="Phil D."]GO FOR IT!!!!

Mario, you are no stranger to the camera. Now that you have a new digital, the little fire inside you now has the oxygen to breathe and grow!!! Ok, that was weird, >>

LOL... that was funny too. :lol:

<<but really, it's time for you to share you work with us. All of us want to see it.

Think about it though. Honestly, why NOT post your shots on JetPhotos.net? Their standards are not low, so it's not dumbing yourself down. Their traffic is good, and you get the chance to express your work....which is what it's all about. >>

I agree.

Mario, I've gotten contacts and sales from JetPhotos and even Planepictures.net as well. They're both good sites these days.

[Airpics may even be improved these days, I have not really checked, but it probably has the traffic that MyAviation.net has ...]

And, you might even try A.net too if you think it has a chance. Despite the higher threshold that generally obtains on A.net, I've actually had shots accepted on A.net that were rejected on JP and PP!! More than once..

Remember, while both JP and PP have an arguably more reasonable threshold, the downside is you've also got a number of people screening that were schooled entirely through A.net and have no other frame of reference... hence you may get a knee jerk "Bad" backlit or "distance" shot.. but anyway, this is only to say there are 40 something guys screening on these three sites..so in my opinion it really does not matter where you send the images, so much as who makes the decision... you might get a "screener" or you might get a "photographer". :wink:

as long as you don't upload in bulk you won't be wasting your time if you get some rejections....so who cares.. and, apart from that, sometimes the rejections (on any of the sites) can be constructive as well. Either to make the image better, or simply to make it the way it might be accepted if you are just keen to get the image added.

Good luck, - look forward to seeing your stuff..

Tom

mirrodie
2006-02-12, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. and for hte following tip:

as long as you don't upload in bulk you won't be wasting your time if you get some rejections

I'll do a touch here and there and see what happens. todaty looks likea decent day LOL