PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting and Good Day at Work Today !

LGA777
2006-02-09, 07:58 PM
As most of you know I work in a Ramp Tower at LGA and bring the camera to work everyday. Usually on Sunny days not much out of the ordinary comes in but when it's cloudy/rainy that's another story.

Well today (Thursday 2-9) was a beautiful sunny day and while nothing spectacular came in we had quite a few goodies and we where departing 31 so they all taxied right by me ! Here goes the list !

AA 738 with winglits, Pink Song 757, ATA 752 old colors 2 UA Shuttle 735's, 2 AC E-190's, Comairs special scheme CRJ-700. and lots of nice Thursday afternoon biz-jet departures.

I have the ability to monitor ATC thru my console either on speaker or in my ear thru my headset. When time permits I enjoy listening in. I had just put the Tower freq in my ear as a Song 757 was rolling down 31 on takeoff. At about 2-300 feet the Tower said Delta 2046 contact New York Departure. The Captain calmly said we just had a compressure stall, possible bird strike, we are shutting down and engine, and will probably need to return to the field. I stood up and noticed the 757 climbing very slowly. I immediately called my colleges at the Delta Tower and they heard it as well ! The 757 made a slow right turn over the Bronx as the Tower stopped departures. The 757 ended up diverting to JFK where DL has a hangar as an engine change was probably needed. I was able to watch almost the whole flight in my binoculars ! It appears the flight may be operating JFK-MCO with a different 757 ! It was very interesting listening and I really compliment the Delta pilot on the radio for his calm professionalism !

Regards

LGA777

cancidas
2006-02-09, 08:56 PM
of course, all this happens when i'm NOT at work...

T-Bird76
2006-02-10, 12:54 AM
Ron was the ATA 752 operating a mainline ATA flight or a charter, if you know?

LGA777
2006-02-10, 01:04 AM
The ATA 757 was just an equipment sub for a 738 (BTW still have not seen the 733 yet), even though I know it's been here ! There was an AC 320 charter to BUF around 1630, came from the MAT, Hockey team I presume, was not in Jetz scheme, just full new AC colors !

LGA777