PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Fan Issues for the NBA

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-24, 09:40 AM
Here's a tip for the NBA in resolving the trouble that they've been having with fans battling palyers...

....a ****ing barricade.

Even golf has a rope separating the nerds from the green. Why can't the NBA figure out this genius move?

Hockey is behind glass. Football is raised 8 feet, and baseball has a cushioned wall. Meanwhile, the only thing separating pro basketball players from the unruly psychos in the folding chairs is the smell of sweat and a few thin layers of Fubu.

Matt Molnar
2006-01-24, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't work. The season ticket holders in those lower level seats would flip out about their view being obstructed.

I think Reggie Miller hit the nail on the head...hire some decent security people and pay them accordingly. Just about every sports venue relies on kids making $8 an hour and elderly guys to keep everyone in line. It's not realistic to expect these poor shlubs to confront the millionaires in the expensive seats when they have a few too many drinks.

Midnight Mike
2006-01-24, 12:07 PM
Well, if they really want to avoid numerous conflicts, STOP serving beer....

As to the latest one, involving Antonio Davis, it was his wife that was harassing a fan and then Davis jumped into the crowd to confront the fan....

Step 1 - Stop serving beer, sober fans are less likely to cause a conflict

Step 2 - Teach your players to be more mature, they are not kids anymore playing on the streets, they are now high priced businessmen, pulling in millions of dollars in salary & endorsements.

Step 3 - Tell your family members, if they can not control themselves, to stay home.

As to Security, perhaps Reggie Miller & the rest of the Millionaire ball players would like to chip in some additional money for high priced security or maybe they can load the NBA their body guards....

Matt Molnar
2006-01-24, 01:16 PM
As to Security, perhaps Reggie Miller & the rest of the Millionaire ball players would like to chip in some additional money for high priced security or maybe they can load the NBA their body guards....

There's no need for that. The league and the team owners have plenty of money that could be spent on security. I don't think there are any unprofitable NBA teams. If they feel the need to pass the cost on to the fans, a couple of bucks tacked on to each of those $100-$5,000 seats would cover it easily.

cancidas
2006-01-24, 06:32 PM
as to the beer issue, it's pretty lame if you get tipsy off of a few miller lights. people should learn to hold thier liquor.

Midnight Mike
2006-01-24, 07:25 PM
as to the beer issue, it's pretty lame if you get tipsy off of a few miller lights. people should learn to hold thier liquor.

You would think, except, these arses I buying, not just 1 or 2 beers but several, at a Laker game I saw one guy buy 4 beers, for himself. Forget that you are paying $7 for a beer, but, why in the hell do you try to get loaded at a basketball game.

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-24, 07:45 PM
why in the hell do you try to get loaded at a basketball game.

You're obviously not a Knick fan. I'm tempted to stab myself at basketball games.

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-25, 01:52 PM
It's also difficult to get quality, beefy security guards for $8 an hour.

It's always funny to me when you see "security guards" that look like they need two hands to get through a turnstyle.