PDA

View Full Version : Delta E145s at ISP

T-Bird76
2006-01-09, 02:54 PM
Not that this is big news, or even news at all but Delta has introduced E145s on the ISP-ATL run. These are being flown by Chautauqua Airlines twice daily with one CRJ left flying by ASA to ATL. Delta's low fare to ATL is only $849 r/t, even connecting service to places like LAX are a rock botton $549.

Futterman
2006-01-09, 03:08 PM
A run like that on an ERJ must be torture...CO has EWR-DAB on a 145. WHY??

Delta's low fare to ATL is only $849 r/t, even connecting service to places like LAX are a rock botton $549.

Get 'em while they're hot!

IslipWN
2006-01-09, 06:55 PM
I was checking for fares for some of my family to fly down to FLL in April a little while back. One way ISP-ATL-FLL was around $170 one way. I was amazed.

I will miss seing the CRJs at ISP though :cry:

Art at ISP
2006-01-10, 09:20 AM
No need to miss the CRJ at ISP. There will be one CRJ and 2 lawn darts per day, according to the latest schedule.

I fear DL will be the next to go from ISP, leaving only US and Greyhound Air. I hope US has the cujones to increase or upgrade service rather than run and hide from the big brown turd.

No offense to WN fans, just how I feel.

T-Bird76
2006-01-10, 10:27 AM
No need to miss the CRJ at ISP. There will be one CRJ and 2 lawn darts per day, according to the latest schedule.

I fear DL will be the next to go from ISP, leaving only US and Greyhound Air. I hope US has the cujones to increase or upgrade service rather than run and hide from the big brown turd.

No offense to WN fans, just how I feel.

Art I agree 100% with you on DL pulling out of ISP, they killed CVG and reduced ATL. The fact of the matter is nobody can compete with WN at ISP, the fares they offer are just to low to even consider flying anyone else, $39 to Florida is just unreal. While I'm happy WN is flying out of ISP and I'll say WN is my airline of choice when it come to business travel (you know gotta watch the budget) I do have to laugh at Islip town when they said they turned ISP around. Islip town has down **** to attract new airlines to ISP. It was Southwest who put the money into Islip, Islip towns investment a few years ago can be called nothing more then a paint and powder, WN's the one who made ISP a real airport. At the very least however another airline that offers different markets with frequency and price would be a plus, I still would like to see AirTran there.