PDA

View Full Version : US Retro Scheme Update - Good News

LGA777
2006-01-08, 10:18 PM
Just wanted to share some I think good news I learned tonight. The US four initial retro schemes where planned to be on US-West (HP) A-320's, due to so many needing to be repainted in the next 6 months. But the new management at US has been listening more than ever to employee feedback. and many US-East employees complained that if the AL,PI, and PSA schemes would not be often seen by the employees of US-East that came from those carriers. For example CLT is the largest station of former PI employees and No US-West aircraft serve CLT. So after listening to employee feedback the company has now decided the initial AL, PI, and PSA schemes will now be US-East 319's probably being repainted in the new few months. I think this is GREAT news for our group as US 319's are very frequent visitors to LGA. Some of you may not agree with the choice of the 319 but the idea is to pick an aircraft that would serve as many stations as possible.Yes a PI 767 would look great again but most stations would never see it. I will update this thread when I here more info especially re the time of repaint, and once they are flying they will probably do a lot of Shuttle flying meaning 3-4 LGA visits per day Perhaps in the future a second retro AL, PI, and PSA aircraft will be painted, and will be a different aircraft type, perhaps a PSA A-321 ! And yes the HP retro scheme will be a US-West (HP) A-319/320.

Cheers

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-08, 10:26 PM
I think this is very exciting. The argument there is the same that I was thinking when they announced that they would paint them on A320s.

Thanks for the update!! Keep us posted!

jakbar
2006-01-08, 11:07 PM
Ron, I assume that the current HP special scheme 757s are going to be repainted in the new US livery, instead of just receiving new titles on the special scheme, right? It will be a sad day when these 757s are repainted, as they are very unique.

IslipWN
2006-01-08, 11:13 PM
are those retro schemes going to be painted on all A319s or just 4 for the four schemes?

T-Bird76
2006-01-08, 11:47 PM
Ron just make sure you drop a line and tell them not to forget the smile on the PSA bird!

Tom_Turner
2006-01-08, 11:53 PM
What are the 4 schemes again?

Allegheny, Piedmont, PSA and what is the other?

I am glad to hear we'll be seeing those in NY often...but as for PSA, wasn't that West Coast?

jakbar
2006-01-08, 11:58 PM
Tom, the fourth is America West. They are a pretty big part of the new airline. :)

Tom_Turner
2006-01-09, 12:06 AM
Tom, the fourth is America West. They are a pretty big part of the new airline. :)

HA! No wonder I forgot, Josh. 8)

For that perhaps there ought to be a "USAir" retrojet as well.. :lol:

Ron - Mohawk sure would be cool as well, wouldn't it?

cancidas
2006-01-09, 06:33 AM
can't wait to see these birds. can't wait for the HP CR9 this weekend either.

LGA777
2006-01-15, 04:20 PM
Small update from US, approx two months or early-mid March till the re- painting and all three will be painted close to the same time. It has also been annoucned that the PI Bird will be unveiled in a ceremony to employees at CLT, the AL Bird at PIT, and PSA at SAN, a nice touch of class I think by the company, I will try and attend the east coast ones. The HP bird has been unveiled on A-319 N838AW, more of a hybrid in my view, HP colors, US Titles.

To answer Josh's earlier question, the HP 757's in the Special Schemes are planed for repaint into the normal US scheme, however there is a very small chance they may be some new Special Schemes in the future, for now just the Retro schemes are planned and I am pretty happy to at least have those to look forward to !

Cheers

LGA777

mikephotos
2006-01-17, 11:31 AM
Here ya go...
http://phlairline.com/submissions/click.php?id=48

Mike