PDA

View Full Version : FlightAware.com - excellent Flight Tracking

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-30, 10:38 AM
http://flightaware.com/

This site is great. Really good details for each flight, aircraft type in the listings without having to click on anything.

the only thing I wished it had was a full list of the day's planned or scheduled traffic like FlyteComm. Otherwise, this is the best site out there, I think.

Matt Molnar
2005-12-30, 01:26 PM
Yep, my favorite too. In addition to the full day schedule, it would be great if it had the aircraft registrations.

lijk604
2005-12-30, 03:41 PM
They say they are working on the reggies.....we'll see.

blendq
2005-12-31, 12:22 AM
One problem flightaware has - compared to FBOWeb or Red1 - it doesn't have planned/filed flight plans. That way you won't know about a flight until after it has left the origin

Blendi

LGA777
2005-12-31, 11:22 AM
I agree with Phil, this site rocks and the best part is it is totally free. And Blendi once the flight plan is filed you do see the flight info somewhat in advance. Last week I was at work one morning and after the sun came up I noticed N102DA the Spirit of Delta parked over at Delta's LGA gates. As all DL 762 movements have been equipment subs since Dec 1st I wanted to find out what time it would leave so I would not miss her departure. I thought about my usual method which would be to call my colleges over at the DL Tower but I decided to watch flightaware.com instead. About 0820 local under LGA departures DL's 0900 MD88 departure to ATL appeared using the code 762J. It's just a matter of knowing where to look.

Cheers

LGA777