PDA

View Full Version : Bus Spotting?!

mirrodie
2005-12-09, 05:12 AM
Well, turns out we are in London and yesterday was the final day their original fleet of double dfecker buses were in service.

We were walking through Tra***ar Square and noticed a ****LOAD of men with camreas taking photos of these buses on route. Turns out their orignal double deckers, the ones with a pole that you could just jump o the rear platform, were being phased out.

Got a few photos, but thought someone here might be interested. I actaully became a bus spotter yesterday, if for even a brief moment.

cheers!

moose135
2005-12-09, 10:34 AM
I was just reading about that this morning in Newsday. Back when I was in the USAF, my crew spent a couple of weeks at RAF Mildenhall, and we went down to London for a weekend. We bought an all day pass, and rode one of the double deckers (upstairs of course) through it's entire route, including when the driver pulled into the garage at the end of the route. Imagine their surprise when 3 Yanks come tip-toeing down the stairs. Fortunately, he was only stopping for his dinner break, and we got to ride back into downtown London once he resumed his route.

Enjoy the trip - looking forward to your photos.

USAF Pilot 07
2005-12-09, 07:20 PM
Yep, most of the double deckers will be replaced by handicapped accessible buses. THey will remain on certain heritage routes.