PDA

View Full Version : off Airport

Mr. C
2005-12-08, 10:46 AM
Hello.
I posted a few weeks ago, asking for some help on how could I get to LGA for some photos as I was going to New York area (in fact I just returned today).
You were all very friendly giving me plenty of tips, but they all confirmed my thought, and that it would be quite difficult for me to get from Saddle Brook in New Jersey to LGA.
Nevertheless, I managed one photo...(yeap...just one decent photo), and I got it from the balcony of the hotel I was.
The most "incredible" for me, was the aircraft I was able to photograph.
No doubt that this was really a lucky moment, which I would like to show you.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/mclaudio/petermax.jpg

Not the most nice of the photos, but taking in consideration that I was in Saddle Brook, which is more or less 20 miles away from Newark Airport, I think its worth sharing with you guys this 400mm frame.
I am aware that for most of you this is a common aircraft, but for me it is something very special

Once again, my sincere thanks to all of you at NYCAviation, and surely hope to return to NY, but with a bit more time, to get some real aviation photography.
Best regards.

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-08, 12:08 PM
Miguel,

Peter Max is an awesome pane to get! It's not that "common" to us at all. Personally, I've never gotten a photo of it. Only the handful of us that get to spot at EWR might get it, so consider yourself one of the few. :)

I'm glad you had a good time, and I hope you are around agai soemtime soon.

-Phil

Mr. C
2005-12-08, 03:52 PM
I surely will get back to NY for some aviation photography but also to visit more places on the Big Apple. It is really an amazing city.
I also would like to tell you a small experience I had. I went to have lunch on an outlet named Jersey Gardens, and from the North parking I could clearly see all the landing traffic on rwy 4R (it seemed to me). If I had my 400mm lenses I would have no problem in getting even the Embraers from Continental (and there are loads of them).
I presume for its orientation that afternoon has better light, but the day was overcasted.
I stood outside for quite a while (bravely facing the extreme cold...for a southern european spotter :D ) and it seemed ok...but of course those that know better the place know more than I do. But it seemed ok for me and I had the chance to see plenty of interesting stuff.