PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Weather: Raining Bull****

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-06, 10:51 PM
One would hardly shrug when going to weather.com on Monday and typing in their New York City-area ZIP code to see that we could expect 1-2 inches of snow overnight. However, Noah would rise from the dead and rebuild the ****ing arc if he heard any of the television news reports (the arc would need skis, but still)

Apparently, a police officer's burial and Saddam Hussein throwing **** around a courtroom after someone accused him of throwing babies out a window was not exciting enough for TV news. Instead, they offered "Team Coverage" and intense reporting of "Storm Watch '05" to give everyone a false sense of fear that we'd wake up Tuesday morning buried alive.

That next morning, I plunged my hand into the tundra upon exiting my home to see my index finger's first knuckle barely penetrate the 1.25 inches of snow that accumulated during the night. All of this over-hype for something that those who TRULY report the weather admit was barely substantial. Is it any wonder why people do not heed the warnings of incoming hurricanes?

Weeks before Katrina came ashore, the media put out excessive coverage of a hurricane that was so weak, it could barely have washed the thin layer of soot off my Buick. Who the **** is gonna take them seriously when they say "The Big One" is coming when it turns out to be just one of "The Big Fifty"?

We expect a bias in political coverage, but when it comes to reporting news that affects our local day-to-day life, the media needs to be more responsible. Lives truly are at stake.

T-Bird76
2005-12-06, 11:24 PM
When it comes to stories like this the news is ****ing god awful. Storm Watch 05, give me a god dam break. Perhaps they need to be reminded this is New York, it snows in New York, it snows allot in New York, the winter is coming. For some reason I associate the winter with snow.... Listening to that porker Al Roker in the morning say this was a major snow event was laughable. Oh and since when did a snow storm become an "event"? I don't recall getting an invitation to this event or even expressing any interest in going to this event! Its a snow storm, call it a snow storm an event is something I go to and get piss drunk and make stupid comments to girls I want to bang.

Then I just love the team coverage they have, "Hi we're hear at the Carle Place Home Depot on Long Island where its snowing right now and the manager reported a rush for shovels", which leads me to my next rant, who the **** lives in New York and doesn't have a snow shovel?? What's funny I got to work 10 mins sooner today in this so called snow event then when its sunny and dry. I have to laugh because they're already hyping the next storm on Friday. I say take these reporters and run them over with a snow blower.

jakbar
2005-12-06, 11:32 PM
who the **** lives in New York and doesn't have a snow shovel??

Me :)

Did you and Phil both wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :) This is the kind of rant I'd expect from someone like Novanglus, the whack-job that he is...

Novanglus
2005-12-06, 11:34 PM
I might not post that much, but I do read most of what is posted, Josh. :-p

Phil writes a lot of similar stuff in his MySpace page, from what I've seen.

yaas
2005-12-06, 11:45 PM
Last week I was watching the news and they were talking about the end of hurricane season. Of course they showed smalls interviews with residents of Florida and other affected cities. They would complain about all the damage the hurricanes cause each year and how it's not fair. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but in my head all I could think was "so why do you live there?".

Then they showed this other woman who was also complaining about the damages and she says "Well anywhere you go you've got problems. Move out west and you got your earthquakes, move up north you got your blizzards, move mid-west you got your tornadoes... pick your poison".

I laughed and thought you've got to be kidding me! How the hell do you compare SNOW to earthquakes, tornadoes, and hurricanes? It's SNOW!! It melts and goes away. Okay it's cold and a lil' icy here and there, but you know what you're getting into. I don't have to worry about Jack Frost coming to my house and knocking **** all over the place. Hell, even snow is fun to play in. I don't remember having that much fun in the last tornado I played in, do you?

Tom_Turner
2005-12-07, 11:03 PM
Weeks before Katrina came ashore, the media put out excessive coverage of a hurricane that was so weak, it could barely have washed the thin layer of soot off my Buick. Who the **** is gonna take them seriously when they say "The Big One" is coming when it turns out to be just one of "The Big Fifty"?

I agree about the storm itself..I was only paying marginal attention when Katrina was being reported prior to hitting land..but I was just on the computer and watching the TV out of the corner of my eye..if that..just absesnt-mindedly listening really, and suddenly I hear mention on CNN that New Orleans is below Sea Level. That caught my atttention. And, I think it should've had everyone's attention that lived there from Day one.

Tom_Turner
2005-12-07, 11:05 PM
They would complain about all the damage the hurricanes cause each year and how it's not fair. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but in my head all I could think was "so why do you live there?".

Everything just needs to be insured in Florida..and I am sure thats how most people work it. But if no provisions are made for Family photo albums or pets etc.. then yeah, I am sure it is going to be a sad outcome for the unprepared.