PDA

View Full Version : Select Aviation @ KFRG, any info?

GimmeMyWingZ
2005-11-15, 11:17 PM
Anybody have any information or know anyone who had their money stolen from Ex- Select Aviation owners? Its not really a long story but dont feel like explaining just yet. in the long run I have a few hundred they ran off with which was in my bulk account with them. They got in trouble with the FAA for unsafe plans, plus the bad weather screwed them up. They have new owners now. I got a P.O box for the owner who ran away but havent gotten a reply.

Art at ISP
2005-11-16, 02:42 AM
My flying pal used to rent from Select. He found them to be dishonest and untrustworthy. They once charged his credit card for 10 times the amount of the actual charge and it took him two months to get it straightened out, with the card company's intervention.

I had an uneasy feeling every time we flew from there.

Oh yeah--t I almost forgot...hey washed the plane one day and they put CLEAR tape over the static ports with no marking--my friend did his preflight at dusk and couldn't see the tape--and had instrument failure. Luckily he was in VFR conditions and returned right to the field.

I hope you get your money back--it will be tough.

PilotCop
2005-11-16, 09:41 AM
Never heard a good thing about select, stay away from them. Go with CTL. Here's the link. Bob

http://www.iflyctl.com/

cancidas
2005-11-16, 04:40 PM
they had a bunch of problems. the static port thing is amazing. i would heave sued the **** out of them over it. i know thier mx was a jjoke. i rent the RG from NFI and would routinely see thier mechanics coming over to NFI's hangar to ask how to do things.

from what i do know thier owner did in fact run away with a bunch of money. will find out more detail from a freind who rented there. they also lost thier part 61 certificate entirely a while back so that was pretty much the ned of training for them.

GimmeMyWingZ
2005-11-16, 08:18 PM
I was practicing on/off stalls on the north shore and right before I was about to attempt the power on stall at like 4,000 one of the bolts from the engine cowling hit the windshield. Well I didnt know it was a bolt until we landed. When it did happened I requested to my instructor that we head back but he insisted it wasnt major. It reality it wasn't since the many other bolts were locked in, but still. When you get info from your pal, lemme know.

cancidas
2005-11-16, 08:43 PM
well select is no more, officially. the former select chief pilot tok over and is trying to turn it around. not very sucessful from what i hear.