PDA

View Full Version : Lets do LAS

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-10-27, 04:00 PM
Just letting all you NYCer's know that in honor of WN starting up service to DEN, the RockyMountainAvphotos crew will be flying out to LAS on the 3rd of January, 2006, and will be spending the day spotting there. Anybody who wants to come should definetly come on out west.

NIKV69
2005-11-05, 07:37 PM
I will be out there. I may drive up for the day. Keep me posted.

USAF Pilot 07
2005-11-06, 03:12 AM
Sounds like fun!

Too bad I fly back into DEN on the 4th of January.. :(

Have fun! It will be nice to see something new at DEN.

BTW - On a way side, side note, Eric, do you know where the "park-and-ride" is for DEN, where you can park as long as you want, and all you pay is $6 to get on the bus? One of my friends was saying it was off the I-70/Pena Blvd Interchange somewhere, but I've never really looked for it. I usually just get stuck parking in the Pikes Peak lot, and paying the $7 a day I believe...

Thanks!

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-11-06, 10:45 AM
I believe Skyride actually goes from a variety of Park 'n' Rides, if that's what you're referring too.

USAF Pilot 07
2005-11-06, 10:46 PM
I believe Skyride actually goes from a variety of Park 'n' Rides, if that's what you're referring too.

Yea maybe that's it. I'm pretty sure the shuttle is operated by the RTD... I guess I should look it up online or something, if that's the case, to see which location is best for me...

On another side note, ski season is here!!! I've been up to A-basin the last 3 weeks, and they opened the upper part of the mountain today! Keystone and Breck open Friday!

Do you do any skiing??

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-11-09, 04:44 PM
On another side note, ski season is here!!! I've been up to A-basin the last 3 weeks, and they opened the upper part of the mountain today! Keystone and Breck open Friday!

Do you do any skiing??

I ride alot. Got my season pass to Purg but being down farther south we don't get the snow quite as soon so the mountain isn't open yet. We're expecting opening to be 2 weeks from today.

USAF Pilot 07
2005-11-09, 10:43 PM
That's cool... I see from your location that it says Parker... So are you currently in Parker or somewhere else? Purg's a pretty long drive from Parker, at least compared to the "northern" ski resorts...

Parker's a nice little town. I drive through there on occasion, usually when 25's backed-up and I take 83 up north.....

I'm down in C-Springs....

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-11-10, 12:01 AM
Parker... Little? Yeah right that made me laugh :lol:

Right now I'm goin to school in Durango, I don't see parker unless its summer or thanksgiving/christmas, and that's about all I can take of that town.

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-12-12, 04:00 AM
Ok, here's an update, I've got a thread running over on my site. So far I think the Chris's Starns and Kilroy will be joining us, but I'm not too sure yet:

http://rockymountainavphotos.com/forums ... hp?p=79#79 (http://rockymountainavphotos.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=79#79)

T-Bird76
2005-12-12, 12:53 PM
I'm looking to do Vegas in mid Feb or early March. By that time I'll need a break from all the cold weather and snow. I'm thinking of tagging on LAX to that trip to.

Alex T
2005-12-12, 02:30 PM
i definetly would love to come but knowing my parents itd be a big fat NO. plus im scared to go when Tommy and Nik would be there hahaha

Alex

NIKV69
2005-12-12, 04:24 PM
Alex,

If you would like me to talk to your mother and get your persmission to come out to sin city I will.

Rest of you guys give me a heads up and I will drive up and meet you.