PDA

View Full Version : I HAVE AN ADDICTION TO FEED- SWA Topic!

Alex T
2005-10-23, 09:27 PM
Hey All
I need help im addicted to Southwest lol.

I am flying to BWI veterans day weekend.

I talked to the SWA reservation agent on the phone (wonderful woman going through all the flights I was telling her hahaha)

and she said I can fly to anywhere I want in one day using the Rapid reward Ticket. We are given two seperate awards, each award counts as a one way ticket. I only have to pay for everytime I change planes. which is 2.50 each.

So I am trying to maximize my amount of flying time.

My itinerary so far is as follows
November 10th STL-MDW (change) MDW-ISP (change- Thats right Tommy im coming through your town (maybe lol) and finally ISP-BWI, all flights are scheduled as 737-700's.

Then coming home from BWI....on the 13th of November
BWI-LAX(change) LAX-PHX-STL .

Total cost? 10 dollars. I would have a 2 hr layover in MDW, 3 hr layover in ISP, 3 hr layover in LAX and finally home into STL at 10.pm. still gotta drive tho ugh.

Does anyone think im friggin nuts? haha The agent on the phone, it was hilarious. "you want me to do what?" (i asked her if she could book me for these following flight number's i had a whole list of them LMAO.)

Anyway let me know if you have done anything crazy liek this to maximize your flying time!

Alex

IslipWN
2005-10-23, 10:28 PM
thats nothing....I wanted to reach silver medallion status with DL so I took a mileage run with them.

The itinerary is as follows:

JFK-FLL- 757
FLL-ATL- 764
ATL-SLC- 763
SLC-LAX- MD-90
LAX-MCO- 757
MCO-ATL- 762
ATL-CVG- 732
CVG-ISP- CRJ

I got to ride on 7 different DL planes.

Ive also taken some whacky routes with WN.

ISP-MDW-ORF

ORF-LAS-BWI-ISP

ORF-BWI-MDW-ISP

ISP-BWI-MCO-ISP

ISP-MCO-ORF

ORF-TPA-ISP

EDIT: I've also taken ORF-EWR-CLE-ISP and ORF-DTW-CLE-ISP on CO/NW.

There you go!

Alex T
2005-10-23, 10:53 PM
thats nothing....I wanted to reach silver medallion status with DL so I took a mileage run with them.

The itinerary is as follows:

JFK-FLL- 757
FLL-ATL- 764
ATL-SLC- 763
SLC-LAX- MD-90
LAX-MCO- 757
MCO-ATL- 762
ATL-CVG- 732
CVG-ISP- CRJ

I got to ride on 7 different DL planes.

Ive also taken some whacky routes with WN.

ISP-MDW-ORF

ORF-LAS-BWI-ISP

ORF-BWI-MDW-ISP

ISP-BWI-MCO-ISP

ISP-MCO-ORF

ORF-TPA-ISP

EDIT: I've also taken ORF-EWR-CLE-ISP and ORF-DTW-CLE-ISP on CO/NW.

There you go!

JEEBUS!!!! DAMN JOE!!

Ya you got me beat!!!

Holy crap. OOFF! I didn't think of LAS! I should try and fly to LAS. I can only fly so much on the Rapid Reward Ticket. I want to try and stay in the east side like MDW, ISP, PVD etc etc going to BWI, but coming home I'd like to hit some cities in the west, any ideas? id like to be into STL by 6:00pm.

Alex

IslipWN
2005-10-23, 10:56 PM
I cant believe that I'm actually going to say this, but you should hold off on ISP until they open up the new part of the terminal.

Alex T
2005-10-23, 11:07 PM
I cant believe that I'm actually going to say this, but you should hold off on ISP until they open up the new part of the terminal.

*THUD*

did, did, did joe just tell me to lay off ISP?

oh LOOK i just saw a pig fly!! :lol:

when is it supossed to be done? maybe i can fly through PVD then. I want to hit some East coast cities, and get into BWI by 8 or 9:00pm BUT leave STL anytime after 10:00am.

Alex

IslipWN
2005-10-23, 11:09 PM
i only say lay off isp because if you go you have to see it in its full beauty.

Alex T
2005-10-23, 11:17 PM
i only say lay off isp because if you go you have to see it in its full beauty.
oh of course ;-) ill leave a good word for you if i fly into ISP Joe :-P

Well really, im just in it for the flying, and to get more -700's I am not there to judge how clean or bad the airport looks. I mean come on, i fly out of STL which is a dump****. D is horrible, so is C. its disgusting.

E Terminal however where the lovely SWA flies out of, is beautiful.

I will still leave ISP up as an option, PVD has a great schedule that works too.

Coming home ill look at PHX, LAX and LAS as well as SAN (im interested to see that garage approach everyone talks about).

Any more ideas keep 'em coming!

ps- tommy must be shaking at the fact im coming near him lol

Alex

Matt Molnar
2005-10-24, 12:04 AM
Do crazy itineraries like this result in full cavity searches by the TSA?

Alex T
2005-10-24, 12:43 AM
Do crazy itineraries like this result in full cavity searches by the TSA?

They havne't by me. It looks like SWA just routed me that way. and the itinerary still has me staying over night in BWI. and i paid with a credit card.

so i dont see it doing that.

Alex

NIKV69
2005-10-24, 09:04 AM
Oh NO! Like we needed another Joe Grant!

Lord help us..

Joe when are you going to go to work for WN? That airline owes you so much money, you advertise more for them than any medium and your free!

T-Bird76
2005-10-24, 10:41 AM
Alex please let me know if you'll be in ISP so I can make sure I'm out of town that day. My god the mere thought you will be 5 fives from my house is just disturbing. How's this for filling your addication, fill you addiction with Thin Mints and save your money. Oh here's another idea, go get laid!!! lol :wink:

Alex T
2005-10-24, 12:37 PM
Oh NO! Like we needed another Joe Grant!

Lord help us..

I am not as bad as Joe is, I promise, i keep my sanity by flying American once in awhile hahaha

Alex T
2005-10-24, 12:38 PM
Alex please let me know if you'll be in ISP so I can make sure I'm out of town that day. My god the mere thought you will be 5 fives from my house is just disturbing. How's this for filling your addication, fill you addiction with Thin Mints and save your money. Oh here's another idea, go get laid!!! lol :wink:

im flying there feb 10-14th :roll: :roll: (yes im lying ;-))

thin mints hmmh so good, i still got 3 boxes left.

getting laid? haha in due time..in due time..

Alex

IslipWN
2005-10-24, 03:30 PM
WN!!!!

T-Bird76
2005-10-24, 04:58 PM
I'll be getting my fill of WN in two weeks, I'm going away for a big business trip my routing is the following.

Nov 7th ISP-BWI-RDU
Nov 9th RDU-MDW-LAX
Nov 19th LAX-ISP

All I know is that's alot of RR points.

Alex T
2005-10-24, 07:36 PM
I'll be getting my fill of WN in two weeks, I'm going away for a big business trip my routing is the following.

Nov 7th ISP-BWI-RDU
Nov 9th RDU-MDW-LAX
Nov 19th LAX-ISP

Thats about....
6 points total if you booked through the website I gave you.

Alex

T-Bird76
2005-10-24, 10:11 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":01c53]I'll be getting my fill of WN in two weeks, I'm going away for a big business trip my routing is the following.

Nov 7th ISP-BWI-RDU
Nov 9th RDU-MDW-LAX
Nov 19th LAX-ISP

Thats about....

Alex[/quote:01c53]

I don't book my biz travel, our travel dept does, I just tell them what I want to do and they book it. Its eight points total. I'll have to do a milage run to BWI when I get back to get another free ticket. No Alex I'm not coming to STL, lol

IslipWN
2005-10-24, 10:51 PM
No Alex I'm not coming to STL, lol

who would want to anyways

Alex T
2005-10-25, 02:41 PM
[quote="Alex T":9de86][quote="T-Bird76":9de86]I'll be getting my fill of WN in two weeks, I'm going away for a big business trip my routing is the following.

Nov 7th ISP-BWI-RDU
Nov 9th RDU-MDW-LAX
Nov 19th LAX-ISP

Thats about....

Alex[/quote:9de86]

I don't book my biz travel, our travel dept does, I just tell them what I want to do and they book it. Its eight points total. I'll have to do a milage run to BWI when I get back to get another free ticket. No Alex I'm not coming to STL, lol[/quote:9de86]

How does it equate to 8 pts? are you booking based on one way tickets or r/t?

I agree with Joe, who the hell wants to fly to STL. nothing but AA birds and regionals and well. the city is ok. lol

Alex

Alex T
2005-10-26, 03:25 PM
Ok folks...

scratch MDW-IS-BWI, apparantly by doing so since it is not a scheduled flight to be booked online, it would require me to use ANOTHER reward ticket. so scratch that idea. Right now im booked

STL-MDW-BWI-STL.

No LAX, but just wait tommy before you get dissapointed lol. working out some details here.

Alex

IslipWN
2005-10-26, 03:26 PM
hahahahahaha sucks for you!

Alex T
2005-10-26, 03:33 PM
hahahahahaha sucks for you!

oh ya thats right...im in a corner crying about.:roll: no it doesnt really suck. as long I fly, I am happy.