ATL-DUS
ATL-ATH
ATL-NCE
ATL-VCE
JFK-BUD
JFK-MAN
JFK-DUB/SNN
JFK-KBP (tentative)

Read article for more details as far as dates...
Glad to see JFK's getting more routes, but at the same time, too bad ATL's getting some previous "JFK only" service; that was kind of cool. Any speculation on how AA will respond to this?

Also, which routes would you like to see added from JFK by Delta (both domestic and international)?

IslipWN
2005-10-17, 08:07 PM
I would really like them to start JFK-ZRH again.......

Ari707
2005-10-20, 06:02 AM
ATL-TLV
I just think it would make more sence to do JFK-TLV, I belive that there is a much bigger customer base near JFK, rather then near ATL,

unless they fell between, LY, and CO there would be too much and don't want to get into a fare war?

GimmeMyWingZ
2005-10-20, 11:49 AM
"Glad to see JFK's getting more routes, but at the same time, too bad ATL's getting some previous "JFK only" service"

As an employee for Delta, a bunch of those JFK only routes were filled with connecting passengers either from ATL, CVG, SLC, LAX, SFO, etc. Now our customers have choice between flying to Atlanta or JFK to get to their final destination. More flexibility for them, and maybe more Standy-by seating for us from JFK. :P In the long run JFK is becoming a major hub for international flights, so thats a plus. Just curious to know which equipement they will be using. Rumor is a 764.

i_mizrahi
2005-10-23, 01:29 AM
Speaking of the new ATL-TLV route of DL, I must say it is quite puzzling. Until now, although the routs between Israel and the U.S. have been busy and full for many years - El Al is operating 4 flights a day alone - only one U.S. carrier is flying non stop from New York (EWR) to Tel Aviv (Continental).

Judging from that, you would think that all the other carriers figured out there is no real business opportunity in flying non stop to Israel. So how can it be that Delta all of a sudden decided to open this new route from ATL?

The Israeli customer is so used to fly anywhere in the U.S. via NY, that it will take a lot of marketing to educate him that there are other gates. If DL will not market its new route properly, it is probably doomed as another embarrasing failure.