PDA

View Full Version : JetPhotos won't take this?????!!!!!

UrbanExplorer222
2005-10-13, 11:59 PM
JetPhotos has over and over sent me rejections for the ERJ 190 photo that I took on Oct 1st of it coming into JFK.. Every time I got a rejection either it was "aircraft not centered", "bad cropping" . SO.... I fix it, re-send the photos checking the "Hot Photo" box which reads
"Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, or otherwise warrant being added to the Hot News scroller on the front page of JetPhotos.Net? Select 'Yes' if you think so! Be sure to enter the reason this photo is 'hot.' This is required!" Now am I wrong or doesn't the JB ERJ 190 fit in this category?? So I get another rejection this time the reason for rejection was left empty...... So I send an appeal. Asking if it was rejected, why was the reason left empty?? They send me back an email saying it should have read "The rejection reason should have read \"Invalid Hot Photo Reason\". Thanks." How does a "new aircraft for a particular airline" not fit into that category which it clearly states. So I just sent them another email asking why they are being so ridiculous with this photo. Heres the photo. Am I wrong here and should I just shut up? http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4447/erj38ao.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2005-10-14, 12:03 AM
They already have their first photos of the E190 already, so it's no longer a "hot" photo.

Also, I think on JP, their Hot Photo is a separate queue, so if it doesn't meet the needs for Hot Photo,they can't put it into the regular queue. I could be wrong on that part though.

Clovis
2005-10-14, 12:30 AM
They already have their first photos of the E190 already, so it's no longer a "hot" photo.

Also, I think on JP, their Hot Photo is a separate queue, so if it doesn't meet the needs for Hot Photo,they can't put it into the regular queue. I could be wrong on that part though.

Nope, you're right, if you check hot photo, it shows up in red at the top of the screener's page in a separate queue.

And that pic looks good, albeit a tad over-sharpened and centered a little weird (add some space on the nose)

expressjet145
2005-10-19, 01:15 AM
Aircraft looks off center, and its no longer hot as others have said. Sure its hot in your mind ;), but not to the database any longer. Nice shot dude.