PDA

View Full Version : Interview with AA next week...advice?

RDU-JFK
2005-10-13, 07:00 PM
Hey all:

I have an interview with American Airlines on my campus next week for a 'Revenue Analyst' position. I'm pretty nervous and I don't really know what to expect. Anyone have any general tips/anything AA would want to hear?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

jakbar
2005-10-13, 07:18 PM
They probably want to know that you can analyze revenue. :wink:

Clipper
2005-10-14, 11:50 AM
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, just be presentable and make sure they know you love aviation. Throw out a few lingos like load factor, revenue seat miles(RSM), and operating cost would make you look like you know airline finance, however, it is a bit over and beyond a 'Revenue Analyst' position.

Here is a pre-reading you may consider before the interview:
http://www.shareholder.com/aa/releaseDe ... eID=169292 (http://www.shareholder.com/aa/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=169292)

T-Bird76
2005-10-14, 04:46 PM
Some tips

-First be confident about you’re skills and be able to talk about how you’re skills can benefit AA.

-Know the company in regards to you’re position and be able to speak about the job responsibilities. As Clipper stated use the terms of the industry but make sure you know what those terms mean and look at that press release Clipper posted. Lingos are good but make sure you can speak about them.

-Know the company in general; know AA's history, their present, and where they want to go in the future. It’s also good to know their culture and what makes their people so important and speak how you can fit into their culture.

-Be careful speaking to much of you’re love of aviation; you need to convince them you want a career not a hobby. You can certainly bring it up but don't over do it.

-A suit is a must, tie and jacket. Being presentable is different then being professional. Dress to Impress!

-Make sure during your interview your posture is good that you sit up look interested and make eye contact with everyone who interviews you.

I'll look when I get home I believe I have some other tips on winning an interview. Trust me being prepared for an interview makes all the difference between getting the job and not getting the job. PREPARE!

RDU-JFK
2005-10-15, 02:06 AM
Awesome, thanks a lot guys, I appreciate all the tips I can get. I'm pretty nervous, and I need to control my excitement and not overdo my airline hobby. I'll keep everyone informed.

2005-10-27, 06:27 PM
well, how was your interview? tell us about it!

RDU-JFK
2005-10-27, 09:50 PM
I made it to the 2nd round!! I'm off to Dallas next Tuesday for a series of interviews Wednesday at AA HQ. Wish me luck! AA flights 801 and 1698.

Some questions they asked me:

What factors would you need to see if AA should start up ORD-AMS? I think I answered pretty well.
If you and your neighbor were having a yard sale and you were both selling the exact same TV, but your price was double his price, what would you explain to the comsumer?
How would you determine which flights to award AAdvantage rewards flights?

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll let ya know how it all turns out.

Tower Air
2005-10-27, 10:03 PM
I agree about the Ord-ams they should start it!

2005-10-27, 10:09 PM
best of luck -- you get to fly to DFW and back for free?

IslipWN
2005-10-27, 10:27 PM
If you and your neighbor were having a yard sale and you were both selling the exact same TV, but your price was double his price, what would you explain to the comsumer?

what was your answer for that one?

RDU-JFK
2005-10-28, 10:08 AM
Yes, I get to fly to/from DFW for free (in coach).Apparently get to stand by for first class if I want to. Not sure how that would work, but I'm going to try to anyways!

As for the TV question, I said that I believed the market price for the tv was the price I was selling it for and that if the customer was interested in negotiation I would be more than willing to discuss different prices. So yeah, I hope they keep asking airplane-related questions, lol.[/quote]

2005-11-04, 07:33 PM
hey RDU-JFK ... did you come back from your interview in DFW yet? How was the flight trip to DFW? Did someone from AA greet you at the gate?

RDU-JFK
2005-11-05, 03:15 AM
#0:

I started another thread on the subject...

I flew from RDU to DFW, and I was bumped to first class, which was supersweet. When I got to DFW I took the hotel courtesy van to the hotel AA paid for. The next morning a van met me (and some others) and took us to Headquarters. Once there someone from revenue management met us, and I interviewed with four members. They went pretty well. Afterwards they took us out to lunch and dropped us off at DFW (coach this time :cry: ) There are still quite a few people they are interviewing for the job, so I won't hear for a few weeks.