PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Photos on airplane model boxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlyingColors
2005-10-13, 05:14 PM
If you were in the know at the EWR show then you know the half of it.

I'll be brief.. Got a BigBird Lufty 742, and what do I see, Art Bretts photo on the back?! (along with 5 other pics!)

If you collect the 1:400 scale jetliners you may know of the "other brands"
BigBird400
Black Box
Green Box
and a few other smaller releases.

In general this I know:
To make a release model the model co needs to get the airline and jet builder OKs first, and of course some sort of package/payout/royalties, for trademarks and such.

Thats part of life

But these other company's have really ramped up stolen crap for too long!
One model........................6 Stolen pics!!!!!!!!

Not good, or right.
All the other model makers just pay whats due and life goes on.
9 out of 10 times the poor photographer just gets his photo credit on the box an a complementary model.

What??? the model company can't afford it???!!! BULL

Don't you think one of the Boeing attorneys would just love to know about the unauthorized use of there names/trademarks!

If you like to see my "little piece" you can go to 400scalehanger.net....see BigBird400 forum thread, and my handle is "mpjetlinerphotos"

I certainly don't have any friends there...and don't care.

you may have to join to read the post, cost zip...

In general the "model guys" just don't give a flying f#@$ about all the above......as long as they get there little dirty hands on that new xyz...

Chime in, support whats right.

Mike

PhilDernerJr
2005-10-13, 07:19 PM
Mike, you know my stance.

I'm still waiting to hear who is behind this for sure. Andy gave me the runaround on it.

FlyingColors
2005-10-14, 11:44 AM
And with all the respect in the world for Sir Andy...he will continue to do so!

It keeps coming down to the "model guys" and this unspoken oath of silence.?! There golden rule must be "whatever it takes to ensure my love affair of a model is made" God-forbid someone upsets a builder..........go figure.

90% of the members there just beg over and over for the model of passion. Yippee.

Like I said I posted in the BigBird thread, title is something about a FRAUD release.....the friggen moderator keeps deleting my post ever few hours............and I keep pasting it back up!

This is such a taboo subject???!!!!!

If anyone has a few, give em hell!

And someone should 'show' these models to for instance Boeing...I believe the attorneys would eat it for breakfast and hang em!

mp

jakbar
2005-10-14, 02:14 PM
I just checked the BigBird forum, and your post is not on there.

FlyingColors
2005-10-14, 09:48 PM
yeah,
appears to be locked out now....

mirrodie
2005-10-21, 02:51 PM
Mike, Im not sure I follow. They stole the pics to use on the merchansdise boxes?

YOu have a copy of what you posted on that other site? Im interested.

take care, Mario

FlyingColors
2005-10-24, 11:17 AM
Yes, that's it.

They use the pics to sell the models.

Sorry, but no web site, you have to go to a model store/airplane show to see them.

Mike