PDA

View Full Version : The Airbus A380 has a major problem...

Steven Holzinger
2005-09-29, 10:10 PM
Apparently the aircraft, for its size, is dangerously underpowered. Yeah, when the prototype took off for that first flight and all of the subsequent flights afterwards, Airbus engineers had to take a lot of equipment out of the airplane in order for it to fly safely with the amount of thrust that the four engines generate. In other words, they were just BARELY getting by the minimum safety parameters of the aircraft.

Airbus has come up with a solution to the A380's shortcomings. The picture below tells the story of the solution that Airbus engineers came up with and will be implemented on the prototype and every other aircraft that will be built and delivered to airlines and cargo carriers. The solution, however, drives up the cost of the airframe by at least $50 million.

Engine Fix (click) (http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/TPC/Funny_Pictures/1001-2000/1101-1200/1161/1161.jpg)

Steven Holzinger
2005-09-29, 10:10 PM
Apparently the aircraft, for its size, is dangerously underpowered. Yeah, when the prototype took off for that first flight and all of the subsequent flights afterwards, Airbus engineers had to take a lot of equipment out of the airplane in order for it to fly safely with the amount of thrust that the four engines generate. In other words, they were just BARELY getting by the minimum safety parameters of the aircraft.

Airbus has come up with a solution to the A380's shortcomings. The picture below tells the story of the solution that Airbus engineers came up with and will be implemented on the prototype and every other aircraft that will be built and delivered to airlines and cargo carriers. The solution, however, drives up the cost of the airframe by at least $50 million.

Engine Fix (click) (http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/TPC/Funny_Pictures/1001-2000/1101-1200/1161/1161.jpg)

IslipWN
2005-09-29, 10:54 PM
lol :lol:

IslipWN
2005-09-29, 10:54 PM
lol :lol:

Alex T
2005-09-29, 10:55 PM
omg, that is funny!!! That would be quite the thrust to add to the planes. Imagine taking off down the runway. could it beat concorde? haha

Alex

Alex T
2005-09-29, 10:55 PM
omg, that is funny!!! That would be quite the thrust to add to the planes. Imagine taking off down the runway. could it beat concorde? haha

Alex

K9DEP
2005-09-30, 11:40 AM
what underpowered?, you see, I told you guys, I told you, this is what happens when you don't use GE-90's because what's worse, . . unpowered leviathon or gas-guzzling luxury liner, you see that , do you see it , can you feel it , I sure can, maybe airbus should hire Jodie Foster she seems to know alot about the A380-->(I know I'm Hilarious right?)
I got jokes for everyone and I'm coming to a town near you!

K9DEP
2005-09-30, 11:40 AM
what underpowered?, you see, I told you guys, I told you, this is what happens when you don't use GE-90's because what's worse, . . unpowered leviathon or gas-guzzling luxury liner, you see that , do you see it , can you feel it , I sure can, maybe airbus should hire Jodie Foster she seems to know alot about the A380-->(I know I'm Hilarious right?)
I got jokes for everyone and I'm coming to a town near you!