PDA

View Full Version : What happens to all the planes on display at LGA?

K9DEP
2005-09-26, 12:42 PM
I know that there were some ramp agents on the ground (and one in the cockpit of the AA md80:) ) watching the kid's day visitors, but will the airlines continue using those aircraft that were on display in regular service or will they have to be inspected?, because i know everyone was touching something, because I know me and my bro were foolin around with N700UW's MCDU.

K9DEP
2005-09-26, 12:42 PM
I know that there were some ramp agents on the ground (and one in the cockpit of the AA md80:) ) watching the kid's day visitors, but will the airlines continue using those aircraft that were on display in regular service or will they have to be inspected?, because i know everyone was touching something, because I know me and my bro were foolin around with N700UW's MCDU.

moose135
2005-09-26, 01:30 PM
Well, based on my old "open house" days in the Air Force, they will get a thorough pre-flight before the next flight, but not much more than that.

moose135
2005-09-26, 01:30 PM
Well, based on my old "open house" days in the Air Force, they will get a thorough pre-flight before the next flight, but not much more than that.

K9DEP
2005-09-26, 02:55 PM
yeah, aweome thanks my man! dude !
no seriously if they didn't do anything they would have realised during flight the phones not working ( :lol: )

Just another one of k9dep mischeivous dealings at kids day 2005

K9DEP
2005-09-26, 02:55 PM
yeah, aweome thanks my man! dude !
no seriously if they didn't do anything they would have realised during flight the phones not working ( :lol: )

Just another one of k9dep mischeivous dealings at kids day 2005

AA 777
2005-09-26, 09:08 PM
....and K9DEP....the guy in the cockpit of the MD80 is not a ramp agent. His an an ops/coordinator and while he seems a little crazy sometimes he just loves airplanes so much that it seems hes nuts.....He is *EXTREMELY* valuable to the AA operation at LGA.

AA 777
2005-09-26, 09:08 PM
....and K9DEP....the guy in the cockpit of the MD80 is not a ramp agent. His an an ops/coordinator and while he seems a little crazy sometimes he just loves airplanes so much that it seems hes nuts.....He is *EXTREMELY* valuable to the AA operation at LGA.

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-26, 09:20 PM
Yes, I've spoken with him and he is one man that I have the UTMOST respect for.

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-26, 09:20 PM
Yes, I've spoken with him and he is one man that I have the UTMOST respect for.

jakbar
2005-09-26, 09:55 PM
That guy was super nice and you could really tell how much he loved airplanes. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet him, as brief as my encounter was.

K9DEP....while you are the only one who can choose your avatar, I was a bit surprised to see that you are using a picture of this guy.

Josh

jakbar
2005-09-26, 09:55 PM
That guy was super nice and you could really tell how much he loved airplanes. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet him, as brief as my encounter was.

K9DEP....while you are the only one who can choose your avatar, I was a bit surprised to see that you are using a picture of this guy.

Josh

LGA777
2005-09-26, 11:50 PM
That guy in the MD80 cockpit has done more to help me with my photography then anyone else at LGA. I have known him since my days at Piedmont (mid 1980's). I could write a book about cool things about him but here is one. The AA 757 that used to be in the Retro Colors and 738 that still is are because of him. His brother is an accomplished model builder. His brother modified some 1959 AA 707 Decals to fit a 757 model. MD80 guy flew to DFW with the model, pitched the idea to then AA SR VP Bob Baker. The rest is history. AA was going to do a 777 also but then 9-11 came along. Anyway without MD80 guy and his brother the 757 Retro Jet and 738 Astro Jet would have "never happened". Maybe another time I will tell another story. I can't think of one person who works at LGA that deserves the "RESPECT" of this board more than him. AA 777 described him perfectly !

Respectfully

LGA777

LGA777
2005-09-26, 11:50 PM
That guy in the MD80 cockpit has done more to help me with my photography then anyone else at LGA. I have known him since my days at Piedmont (mid 1980's). I could write a book about cool things about him but here is one. The AA 757 that used to be in the Retro Colors and 738 that still is are because of him. His brother is an accomplished model builder. His brother modified some 1959 AA 707 Decals to fit a 757 model. MD80 guy flew to DFW with the model, pitched the idea to then AA SR VP Bob Baker. The rest is history. AA was going to do a 777 also but then 9-11 came along. Anyway without MD80 guy and his brother the 757 Retro Jet and 738 Astro Jet would have "never happened". Maybe another time I will tell another story. I can't think of one person who works at LGA that deserves the "RESPECT" of this board more than him. AA 777 described him perfectly !

Respectfully

LGA777

fly.mcs
2005-09-27, 12:43 AM
WOW, I had no idea MD80 Guy made the Retro jets happen.
Now that's real real cool. I'm in love with AA (we should get married, but she's a bit strapped on cash...) and I think that's very awesome.

Next time, before I rush to any conclusions, I'll take the time to really look at the person. MD80 Guy, you're awesome! AA, woohoo

fly.mcs
2005-09-27, 12:43 AM
WOW, I had no idea MD80 Guy made the Retro jets happen.
Now that's real real cool. I'm in love with AA (we should get married, but she's a bit strapped on cash...) and I think that's very awesome.

Next time, before I rush to any conclusions, I'll take the time to really look at the person. MD80 Guy, you're awesome! AA, woohoo

Derf
2005-09-27, 01:03 AM

Respectfully

LGA777

Thanks for that great info...He spent soooo much time with my son and was the nicest pilot that I have ever met.....THAT SCREAMS VOLUMES!!!! Tell him that my son and I will never forget the great time he showed us in is cockpit and I treasure the shots of him and my son...I just blew up an 8X10 of the two of them and that is the ONLY blowup I will do of kidsday.

Derf
2005-09-27, 01:03 AM

Respectfully

LGA777

Thanks for that great info...He spent soooo much time with my son and was the nicest pilot that I have ever met.....THAT SCREAMS VOLUMES!!!! Tell him that my son and I will never forget the great time he showed us in is cockpit and I treasure the shots of him and my son...I just blew up an 8X10 of the two of them and that is the ONLY blowup I will do of kidsday.

cancidas
2005-09-27, 12:49 PM
the kids that were romping around the US 319 did make a small mess, though not as big as two years ago i'm told. the only damage that i knew about was one of the inflight phones being jemmed into the holder that took about 2 minute to pry out.

cancidas
2005-09-27, 12:49 PM
the kids that were romping around the US 319 did make a small mess, though not as big as two years ago i'm told. the only damage that i knew about was one of the inflight phones being jemmed into the holder that took about 2 minute to pry out.