PDA

View Full Version : L-1011's Back to JFK (Maybe)

T-Bird76
2005-09-25, 09:30 PM
Ok I came across this site that states this airline called TransAtlantic Airlines has purchased some of Delta's old L1011's and will be commencing service from JFK to West Africa. Who knows if this is true or not, I haven't been able to find anything on this airline or if they have a registered business here in the U.S. Here's the link, if anyone knows more please enlighten us.

http://www.l1011.homestead.com/TransAtlantic-Airlines.html

If its true it will certainly be a thrill to see an L10 at JFK again.

T-Bird76
2005-09-25, 09:30 PM
Ok I came across this site that states this airline called TransAtlantic Airlines has purchased some of Delta's old L1011's and will be commencing service from JFK to West Africa. Who knows if this is true or not, I haven't been able to find anything on this airline or if they have a registered business here in the U.S. Here's the link, if anyone knows more please enlighten us.

http://www.l1011.homestead.com/TransAtlantic-Airlines.html

If its true it will certainly be a thrill to see an L10 at JFK again.

Tom_Turner
2005-09-25, 11:29 PM
Would be nice if its true Tommy.

There was an outfit by a different name that was planning to use Tri-Stars from NYC to Africa as well a couple of years back... Theres a thread on A.net about it the last couple of days. I wonder if this is not a reincarnated version of that attempt.

We were supposedly getting a Tri-Star either from Bolivia or flying JFK to Dominican Republic a year or so ago also. That would've been the one that got painted and named in the old Northeast Yellowbird colors and titles. But that did not happen either.

And, of course we're still waiting for the Scottish airline to begin L1011 service to JFK this fall, but some have said it won't happen after all.

We've had a bit of bad luck with the type.. especially LOT sending the leased Tri-Star to Canada only recently. But I do think we'll see the type back at JFK again, at least briefly, in scheduled service before they're all gone.

Tom_Turner
2005-09-25, 11:29 PM
Would be nice if its true Tommy.

There was an outfit by a different name that was planning to use Tri-Stars from NYC to Africa as well a couple of years back... Theres a thread on A.net about it the last couple of days. I wonder if this is not a reincarnated version of that attempt.

We were supposedly getting a Tri-Star either from Bolivia or flying JFK to Dominican Republic a year or so ago also. That would've been the one that got painted and named in the old Northeast Yellowbird colors and titles. But that did not happen either.

And, of course we're still waiting for the Scottish airline to begin L1011 service to JFK this fall, but some have said it won't happen after all.

We've had a bit of bad luck with the type.. especially LOT sending the leased Tri-Star to Canada only recently. But I do think we'll see the type back at JFK again, at least briefly, in scheduled service before they're all gone.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-26, 12:09 AM
Awesome. digging up old dinosaur bones. ;)

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-26, 12:09 AM
Awesome. digging up old dinosaur bones. ;)