PDA

View Full Version : GoodYear - Twice as Good

Tom_Turner
2005-09-22, 12:24 PM
Yesterday, Wednesday, I had thought that I might have seen two (2) GoodYear blimps over Gotham, but hard to be sure as they were in the distance. (Leter noticed the Fuji blimp as well.)

Today, Friday, however, I was able to confirm TWO GoodYear blimps side by side flying north.

Anyone know why two would be in New York the last couple of days? And, where they're stationed right now?

Goodyear has sent two blimps our way simultaneously before, but its a relatively rare occurance. Maybe once every ten years or so.

Tom_Turner
2005-09-22, 12:24 PM
Yesterday, Wednesday, I had thought that I might have seen two (2) GoodYear blimps over Gotham, but hard to be sure as they were in the distance. (Leter noticed the Fuji blimp as well.)

Today, Friday, however, I was able to confirm TWO GoodYear blimps side by side flying north.

Anyone know why two would be in New York the last couple of days? And, where they're stationed right now?

Goodyear has sent two blimps our way simultaneously before, but its a relatively rare occurance. Maybe once every ten years or so.

Derf
2005-09-23, 11:59 PM
It happened last year too for the US Open....One from NJ came in from the west and the other Goodyear blimp left the fairgrounds for KFRG. That was the only time in the last two year I did not have my camera. My grandfather was dieing in the hospital and I was visiting....There was a nice shot of the two blimps and I was bummed that I did not have the camera.

Derf
2005-09-23, 11:59 PM
It happened last year too for the US Open....One from NJ came in from the west and the other Goodyear blimp left the fairgrounds for KFRG. That was the only time in the last two year I did not have my camera. My grandfather was dieing in the hospital and I was visiting....There was a nice shot of the two blimps and I was bummed that I did not have the camera.