PDA

View Full Version : Post Kids Day BBQ -- Come Celebrate End of Summer!

jakbar
2005-09-20, 11:48 PM
Well, it's official....by popular demand, we've started planning an end-of-summer get-together for all of us! We're going to have a BBQ in Mario's (Mirrodie) backyard after Kids Day at LGA on this coming Saturday, September 24. He lives in Melville, so it's not too long of a drive from LGA.

The plan is to have a grill going so that people can have hot dogs, burgers, etc. I'm told that there is a supermarket near Mario's house where you can buy your food and drinks to bring over to his house. This will probably be the easiest way to handle the food. Bring whatever you want, and however much of it you want.

If you plan on attending, please RSVP here in this thread.

We'd also like to try to have as many people carpool as possible, so let's see if we can coordinate that in this thread. We'll make sure that whoever is driving will have directions.

Let's all get out there and celebrate the end of the summer!

Josh
NYCAviation.com

jakbar
2005-09-20, 11:48 PM
Well, it's official....by popular demand, we've started planning an end-of-summer get-together for all of us! We're going to have a BBQ in Mario's (Mirrodie) backyard after Kids Day at LGA on this coming Saturday, September 24. He lives in Melville, so it's not too long of a drive from LGA.

The plan is to have a grill going so that people can have hot dogs, burgers, etc. I'm told that there is a supermarket near Mario's house where you can buy your food and drinks to bring over to his house. This will probably be the easiest way to handle the food. Bring whatever you want, and however much of it you want.

If you plan on attending, please RSVP here in this thread.

We'd also like to try to have as many people carpool as possible, so let's see if we can coordinate that in this thread. We'll make sure that whoever is driving will have directions.

Let's all get out there and celebrate the end of the summer!

Josh
NYCAviation.com

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-20, 11:50 PM
I'm very excited about this.

Carpooling is a great way to prevent people from getting lost with too many cars. It's also easier for the drivers to drop everyone off back at LGA instead of making many stops.

People should bring some foods if they want, but money would probably be best so we can all see how much money we have, how many people we have and therefore figure out exactly what we need.

I hope to see a lot of you join us. :)

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-20, 11:50 PM
I'm very excited about this.

Carpooling is a great way to prevent people from getting lost with too many cars. It's also easier for the drivers to drop everyone off back at LGA instead of making many stops.

People should bring some foods if they want, but money would probably be best so we can all see how much money we have, how many people we have and therefore figure out exactly what we need.

I hope to see a lot of you join us. :)

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 09:13 AM
I'll be there. If anyone needs a ride I can fit another two people. Let me know.

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 09:13 AM
I'll be there. If anyone needs a ride I can fit another two people. Let me know.

cancidas
2005-09-21, 09:30 AM
need to see what the wife has in store for me that afternoon, will definately let you guys know if it's definite.

cancidas
2005-09-21, 09:30 AM
need to see what the wife has in store for me that afternoon, will definately let you guys know if it's definite.

eric8669
2005-09-21, 11:46 AM
I will be there, Also I am bringing a couple other people with me.

Eric

eric8669
2005-09-21, 11:46 AM
I will be there, Also I am bringing a couple other people with me.

Eric

mirrodie
2005-09-21, 11:56 AM
"Carpooling is a great way..... " also cool to save on gas :)

speaking of gas, I'll pick up another propane tank today as a spare for the grill.

Significant others are cool, welcome. only thing I need is numbers by friday.

Oh, we've got this fairly portable LCD TV. We just had electic work done on the place so I can probably hook it up if we want to view the day's photos.

Only thing is you'll need to bring your camera-to-TV hookup cables (you know, hooks directly into your camera and on the other end, usually has red and yellow or white plugs.)

mirrodie
2005-09-21, 11:56 AM
"Carpooling is a great way..... " also cool to save on gas :)

speaking of gas, I'll pick up another propane tank today as a spare for the grill.

Significant others are cool, welcome. only thing I need is numbers by friday.

Oh, we've got this fairly portable LCD TV. We just had electic work done on the place so I can probably hook it up if we want to view the day's photos.

Only thing is you'll need to bring your camera-to-TV hookup cables (you know, hooks directly into your camera and on the other end, usually has red and yellow or white plugs.)

jakbar
2005-09-21, 11:59 AM
So far, we've got Phil, Tommy, Josh (+1), Mario (+1) and Eric (+2 or 3). That's 9 or 10 people already! This is gonna be fun!

Josh

jakbar
2005-09-21, 11:59 AM
So far, we've got Phil, Tommy, Josh (+1), Mario (+1) and Eric (+2 or 3). That's 9 or 10 people already! This is gonna be fun!

Josh

jakbar
2005-09-21, 12:06 PM
. . . so I can probably hook it up if we want to view the day's photos.

Maybe we can also hook up a computer with Photoshop installed so a certain Futtographer who will remain nameless doesn't have to punish everyone's eyes with unedited photos... :)

Seriously, this would be a great idea. People could even bring edited photos on their CF cards and still show them by hooking up the camera to the TV.

jakbar
2005-09-21, 12:06 PM
. . . so I can probably hook it up if we want to view the day's photos.

Maybe we can also hook up a computer with Photoshop installed so a certain Futtographer who will remain nameless doesn't have to punish everyone's eyes with unedited photos... :)

Seriously, this would be a great idea. People could even bring edited photos on their CF cards and still show them by hooking up the camera to the TV.

Futterman
2005-09-21, 01:17 PM
I'm still finalizing details, but I can definitely bring my laptop (I think Eric has "one or two" as well) if people want to edit/upload/listen to ATC, whatever.

This is sounding awesome, though. Planes and protein...doesn't get much better than that. :)

Wow, what a moron!

Futterman
2005-09-21, 01:17 PM
I'm still finalizing details, but I can definitely bring my laptop (I think Eric has "one or two" as well) if people want to edit/upload/listen to ATC, whatever.

This is sounding awesome, though. Planes and protein...doesn't get much better than that. :)

Wow, what a moron!

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 01:25 PM
Speaking of Laptops I'll bring mine as well, this should give everyone a chance to take a look at their pics. Sounds like it will be a BBQ/slide show sort of. lol

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 01:25 PM
Speaking of Laptops I'll bring mine as well, this should give everyone a chance to take a look at their pics. Sounds like it will be a BBQ/slide show sort of. lol

Derf
2005-09-21, 02:26 PM
I will try to make it and think there is a very slim chance that Nick will be able to show up for the BBQ. This is going to rock! :wink:

Oh, +1 Laptop for me

Derf
2005-09-21, 02:26 PM
I will try to make it and think there is a very slim chance that Nick will be able to show up for the BBQ. This is going to rock! :wink:

Oh, +1 Laptop for me

mirrodie
2005-09-21, 02:28 PM
This might be a first.... an outdoors, BBQ slide show.

mirrodie
2005-09-21, 02:28 PM
This might be a first.... an outdoors, BBQ slide show.

jakbar
2005-09-21, 02:55 PM
As you said Mario, we just gotta make sure that people have the camera-to-television cables to make a slideshow work...

It's interesting to think that we might end up having a "slideshow" where not a single person shoots slides! Should we call it a JPEG show? :)

jakbar
2005-09-21, 02:55 PM
As you said Mario, we just gotta make sure that people have the camera-to-television cables to make a slideshow work...

It's interesting to think that we might end up having a "slideshow" where not a single person shoots slides! Should we call it a JPEG show? :)

mirrodie
2005-09-21, 04:29 PM
cool, cool, just keep me apprised of headcounts.

NYCAv's first BBQ, good times!

I can probably get a hold of a cooler, got that covered.

(gotta remember, we're newbie house owners and get stuff on the fly.)

Also, just remembered, we bought a fire pit and havent used it yet. Maybe later that night, we'll see how it goes.

mirrodie
2005-09-21, 04:29 PM
cool, cool, just keep me apprised of headcounts.

NYCAv's first BBQ, good times!

I can probably get a hold of a cooler, got that covered.

(gotta remember, we're newbie house owners and get stuff on the fly.)

Also, just remembered, we bought a fire pit and havent used it yet. Maybe later that night, we'll see how it goes.

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 04:32 PM
Oh Fire pits are fun! I have one. I'll bring my cooler as well Mario just in case you need another one.

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 04:32 PM
Oh Fire pits are fun! I have one. I'll bring my cooler as well Mario just in case you need another one.

mikephotos
2005-09-21, 05:20 PM

Does that mean I'm not invited? (just joking, long live slides :))

Sounds like a great time it's too bad I have plans Sat late afternoon/evening. Have fun guys...

Mike

mikephotos
2005-09-21, 05:20 PM

Does that mean I'm not invited? (just joking, long live slides :))

Sounds like a great time it's too bad I have plans Sat late afternoon/evening. Have fun guys...

Mike

lijk604
2005-09-21, 07:41 PM
Damn! I'll be out of town. One of these days I'll get to meet some of you guys. Enjoy and have a cold one for me!

John
Patchogue, NY

lijk604
2005-09-21, 07:41 PM
Damn! I'll be out of town. One of these days I'll get to meet some of you guys. Enjoy and have a cold one for me!

John
Patchogue, NY

yaas
2005-09-21, 10:04 PM
you can put me down too

yaas
2005-09-21, 10:04 PM
you can put me down too

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-21, 10:06 PM
I also want to announce that I will be giving away prizes!!!

I have some **** here that some of you might enjoy.

I might ask trivia questions or something else, but anyone who attends will have a chance to win prizes.

We also have some shirts leftover from last week's EWR convention, so I'll bring them and sell them to anyone that might want.

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-21, 10:06 PM

I might ask trivia questions or something else, but anyone who attends will have a chance to win prizes.

We also have some shirts leftover from last week's EWR convention, so I'll bring them and sell them to anyone that might want.

yaas
2005-09-22, 12:35 AM

hehehe
i.e. phil's doing his spring(fall) cleaning :P

yaas
2005-09-22, 12:35 AM

hehehe
i.e. phil's doing his spring(fall) cleaning :P

mirrodie
2005-09-22, 12:04 PM
Phil, good idea.

Since we've moved, my home office is still a shambles but I still might have some stuff from Boeings Alteon facility.

IIRC, I had a bunch of stuff given to me from Midnight Mike and they were spralled across the Concorde seats. Maybe a poster or two as well. I'll have a looky later.

I'd rather give away stuff rather than trash stuff that other airline enthusiasts might like :)

Oh, Phil, I forgot, bring me a shirt.

mirrodie
2005-09-22, 12:04 PM
Phil, good idea.

Since we've moved, my home office is still a shambles but I still might have some stuff from Boeings Alteon facility.

IIRC, I had a bunch of stuff given to me from Midnight Mike and they were spralled across the Concorde seats. Maybe a poster or two as well. I'll have a looky later.

I'd rather give away stuff rather than trash stuff that other airline enthusiasts might like :)

Oh, Phil, I forgot, bring me a shirt.

T-Bird76
2005-09-22, 12:52 PM
I have a ton and I mean a ton of old mags that I'll go through and bring some for giveaways. Although I'm keeping my TWA mags, yeah I know I'm a selfish prick. lol

T-Bird76
2005-09-22, 12:52 PM
I have a ton and I mean a ton of old mags that I'll go through and bring some for giveaways. Although I'm keeping my TWA mags, yeah I know I'm a selfish prick. lol

NIKV69
2005-09-22, 09:00 PM
Sounds like fun, I will be there. Just tell me what beer to bring. Is Art coming? I am working on Senga right now. Of course he is giving me reasons not to come but I will get him to show.

NIKV69
2005-09-22, 09:00 PM
Sounds like fun, I will be there. Just tell me what beer to bring. Is Art coming? I am working on Senga right now. Of course he is giving me reasons not to come but I will get him to show.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-23, 08:45 AM
"Saturday- Mainly sunny. Cooler. High 72F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph" yeessssssssssss couldnt get any better than that :D

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-23, 08:45 AM
"Saturday- Mainly sunny. Cooler. High 72F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph" yeessssssssssss couldnt get any better than that :D

mirrodie
2005-09-23, 09:16 AM
ok,

my mom gave me a massive cooler last week.

Have about 17 plastic chairs out back right now.

I think Higheels might be whipping up some NYC Aviation goodies, we were talking about it this morning.

mirrodie
2005-09-23, 09:16 AM
ok,

my mom gave me a massive cooler last week.

Have about 17 plastic chairs out back right now.

I think Higheels might be whipping up some NYC Aviation goodies, we were talking about it this morning.

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 10:26 AM
What beer you guys like? I will pick up a case. Tommy you want a cigar? Mario? I can bring either some nice Ashtons or Monte Cristos we can sit out back and puff away. Let me know! 8)

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 10:26 AM
What beer you guys like? I will pick up a case. Tommy you want a cigar? Mario? I can bring either some nice Ashtons or Monte Cristos we can sit out back and puff away. Let me know! 8)

jakbar
2005-09-23, 10:53 AM
It's the day before the BBQ, so let's see if we can get a final headcount and also a list of who will actually be driving. We need to give out the directions to the people who are driving.

So far, this is the information I have:

Josh Akbar (+1) -- driving
Mario Craig (+1)
Phil Derner (+0)
The Futtographer
Fred
Nick Vollaro
yaas (sorry...dunno your real name!)
Tommy Alfano -- driving
Eric Dunetz (+2) -- driving

Please feel free to add to this list. But, please try to post here by this evening as to whether you're gonna attend. Most of us are gonna be at Kids Day all day tomorrow, so we won't be checking this thread before the BBQ.

Thanks!

Josh

jakbar
2005-09-23, 10:53 AM
It's the day before the BBQ, so let's see if we can get a final headcount and also a list of who will actually be driving. We need to give out the directions to the people who are driving.

So far, this is the information I have:

Josh Akbar (+1) -- driving
Mario Craig (+1)
Phil Derner (+0)
The Futtographer
Fred
Nick Vollaro
yaas (sorry...dunno your real name!)
Tommy Alfano -- driving
Eric Dunetz (+2) -- driving

Please feel free to add to this list. But, please try to post here by this evening as to whether you're gonna attend. Most of us are gonna be at Kids Day all day tomorrow, so we won't be checking this thread before the BBQ.

Thanks!

Josh

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 11:37 AM
I would love to give anyone a ride but I am coming from my job in Hempstead and heading home afterwards. Unless Tommy wants to find an establishment for a coctail or two? :twisted: We will kidnap Senga and bring him with us!

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 11:37 AM
I would love to give anyone a ride but I am coming from my job in Hempstead and heading home afterwards. Unless Tommy wants to find an establishment for a coctail or two? :twisted: We will kidnap Senga and bring him with us!

mirrodie
2005-09-23, 12:12 PM
I'll indulge in a cigar

mirrodie
2005-09-23, 12:12 PM
I'll indulge in a cigar

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 12:49 PM
Got you covered Mario. Will ask Tommy tonight if he wants one. I have two humidors so I can bring up to 6. Will have a lighter and cutter so we will be all set. Ashtons seem to be in order. Nice and big! I want Senga to smoke one! Get a picture of that, it would be priceless! Anbody else want a cigar? Phil? Josh?

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 12:49 PM
Got you covered Mario. Will ask Tommy tonight if he wants one. I have two humidors so I can bring up to 6. Will have a lighter and cutter so we will be all set. Ashtons seem to be in order. Nice and big! I want Senga to smoke one! Get a picture of that, it would be priceless! Anbody else want a cigar? Phil? Josh?

jakbar
2005-09-23, 12:50 PM
Nick, no thanks. I don't smoke, nor do I drink, but I appreciate the offer.

Mario, you got a portable stereo that we could put outside?

jakbar
2005-09-23, 12:50 PM
Nick, no thanks. I don't smoke, nor do I drink, but I appreciate the offer.

Mario, you got a portable stereo that we could put outside?

T-Bird76
2005-09-23, 01:01 PM
Mario, you got a portable stereo that we could put outside? I heard Phil was going to sing? ahaha

T-Bird76
2005-09-23, 01:01 PM
Mario, you got a portable stereo that we could put outside? I heard Phil was going to sing? ahaha

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 01:32 PM
I would love to hear Phil sing! :D

Hey BTW, you going to email your addy Mario? I can mapquest it so I can find my way tomorrow afternoon.

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 01:32 PM
I would love to hear Phil sing! :D

Hey BTW, you going to email your addy Mario? I can mapquest it so I can find my way tomorrow afternoon.

jakbar
2005-09-23, 01:35 PM
If Phil is going to sing, I'll need noise-cancelling headphones with that stereo... :)

jakbar
2005-09-23, 01:35 PM
If Phil is going to sing, I'll need noise-cancelling headphones with that stereo... :)

mirrodie
2005-09-23, 04:10 PM
Nick, on second though, count me out for a cigar.
Last time I did that, didnt get any kissing for a week.
And it was a cigar from my bachelor party!

Josh, life is too short not to enjoy antioxidants in the form of a glass of red wine. Actually, come to think of it, I opened a bottle of an aussie shiraz last night. You're welcome to try it.

The way I see it, if grilled meats introduce carcinogens, then I need some antioxidants there to negate that ;)

Oh, and yes, I've got a radio

mirrodie
2005-09-23, 04:10 PM
Nick, on second though, count me out for a cigar.
Last time I did that, didnt get any kissing for a week.
And it was a cigar from my bachelor party!

Josh, life is too short not to enjoy antioxidants in the form of a glass of red wine. Actually, come to think of it, I opened a bottle of an aussie shiraz last night. You're welcome to try it.

The way I see it, if grilled meats introduce carcinogens, then I need some antioxidants there to negate that ;)

Oh, and yes, I've got a radio

yaas
2005-09-23, 07:47 PM
yaas IS my name ;) well, it's yaasmiyn, but you get the point

yaas
2005-09-23, 07:47 PM
yaas IS my name ;) well, it's yaasmiyn, but you get the point

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 09:46 PM
Hey Mario you going to email us your addy? I will be at work till about 2 so you can email me [email protected]. I can check it here and mapquest it. Somebody wants a specific beer let me know I can pick it up on the way.

NIKV69
2005-09-23, 09:46 PM
Hey Mario you going to email us your addy? I will be at work till about 2 so you can email me [email protected]. I can check it here and mapquest it. Somebody wants a specific beer let me know I can pick it up on the way.

jakbar
2005-09-23, 11:36 PM
Mario, can you e-mail me driving instructions on how to get to your place? I'll obviously be coming from the direction of LGA. Send the e-mail to [email protected]. Thanks.

Josh

jakbar
2005-09-23, 11:36 PM
Mario, can you e-mail me driving instructions on how to get to your place? I'll obviously be coming from the direction of LGA. Send the e-mail to [email protected]. Thanks.

Josh

eric8669
2005-09-24, 07:48 AM
same here, need directions.

thanks

eric

eric8669
2005-09-24, 07:48 AM
same here, need directions.

thanks

eric

mirrodie
2005-09-24, 09:14 AM
check your emails.

also, there is a beer place right near me with a pretty extensive collection:)

mirrodie
2005-09-24, 09:14 AM
check your emails.

also, there is a beer place right near me with a pretty extensive collection:)

NIKV69
2005-09-24, 09:43 AM
Got it Mario thanks! Will be there around 6 I guess. Maybe a tad earlier. I am bringing 3 cigars and two cases of that beer Phil likes. I will call your cell and see if you and your wife would like a bottle of wine or something! See everyone tonight!

NIKV69
2005-09-24, 09:43 AM
Got it Mario thanks! Will be there around 6 I guess. Maybe a tad earlier. I am bringing 3 cigars and two cases of that beer Phil likes. I will call your cell and see if you and your wife would like a bottle of wine or something! See everyone tonight!

yaas
2005-09-25, 03:01 AM
thanks again guys!

yaas
2005-09-25, 03:01 AM
thanks again guys!

NIKV69
2005-09-25, 08:51 AM
Thank you Mario and Shosanna for a great time! Hope we do this next year!

NIKV69
2005-09-25, 08:51 AM
Thank you Mario and Shosanna for a great time! Hope we do this next year!

jakbar
2005-09-25, 12:59 PM
Mario and Shosh....thanks so much for hosting the first annual NYCAviation BBQ! Wendy and I had a great time, and I'm pretty sure everyone else did, too. Thanks again!

Josh

jakbar
2005-09-25, 12:59 PM
Mario and Shosh....thanks so much for hosting the first annual NYCAviation BBQ! Wendy and I had a great time, and I'm pretty sure everyone else did, too. Thanks again!

Josh

eric8669
2005-09-25, 02:06 PM
Mario and Shosanna thanks for hosting, We all had a great time. It was a really great day.

Eric

eric8669
2005-09-25, 02:06 PM
Mario and Shosanna thanks for hosting, We all had a great time. It was a really great day.

Eric

Futterman
2005-09-25, 04:19 PM
Ditto, Mario and Shosh...I had a blast. The food was great! Can't wait to see one of the 827,509,245,097,345 photos Josh took. :)

Futterman
2005-09-25, 04:19 PM
Ditto, Mario and Shosh...I had a blast. The food was great! Can't wait to see one of the 827,509,245,097,345 photos Josh took. :)

mirrodie
2005-09-26, 01:33 PM
It was great to have you guys! We love to have people over and just chill:) And what a great night for a BBQ and crackling fire, eh?

We hope that as we get the house more settled 9and thus my schedule frees up), we'll see more of your guys. I need to get a Canon Digi body and get back into the game :wink:

Well, as of last night (sunday evening), the ceiling is up in the Living room :) So now all we have left are spackling, taping and painting.

again, it was our pleasure to have you all over and we look forward to the next soiree

mirrodie
2005-09-26, 01:33 PM
It was great to have you guys! We love to have people over and just chill:) And what a great night for a BBQ and crackling fire, eh?

We hope that as we get the house more settled 9and thus my schedule frees up), we'll see more of your guys. I need to get a Canon Digi body and get back into the game :wink:

Well, as of last night (sunday evening), the ceiling is up in the Living room :) So now all we have left are spackling, taping and painting.

again, it was our pleasure to have you all over and we look forward to the next soiree