PDA

View Full Version : Kids Day Update - New Info

LGA777
2005-09-20, 09:03 PM
I have some updates on Saturdays Kids Day Event at LGA that should interest many of you
The bad news first. I am getting reports that due to the War in Irag and Katrina relief efforts there will be a very LIMITED Military presence. I am not saying there will not be any, just don't expect a lot or anything spectacular. While this is disappointing, it is certainly understanding ! There will other non airliners on display plus as of now, AA MD80, DL Shuttle 733, US 319 and possibly a Mainline DL aircraft, type unknown and no guarantee.

Now for the BIG News. As several have pointed out Rwy 13-31 is scheduled to be closed that day. Well I have been told by a Port Duty Mgr that there is just to much remaining work to not close 13-31 but it would be unsafe to use 4-22 with kids day going on. Solution, close 13-31, land-depart 4 or 22, relocate Kids Day to the "Echo Parking" area, just north of employee lot 10E, this is where NW , NK, and ATA remote park some of their overnight aircraft. Everyone will park in Lot 7 (free) which is just north of the Amoco Station, there will be lots of signs, there you will board busses for your free mini ramp tour over to Echo passing along the way 5 Towers where Trump parks, still there as of Tuesday. Once at Kids Day for those of you with large lenses this "Might" offer some photo ops of traffic on 4-22. You will be pretty far from the runway but with a 400mm you may be able to get some nice shots, especially towards the end as the sun goes behind us.

For those who do not know where I mean look at my (plug) overview photo, Echo parking is just to the right of the aircraft in line for 13 and just north of the employee (triangle shaped) parking lot

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=525143

There is no guarantee how this will pan out, it may be GREAT, it may not, I don't think it will suck.
I look forward to seeing/meeting many of you on Saturday.

Cheers

LGA777

LGA777
2005-09-20, 09:03 PM
I have some updates on Saturdays Kids Day Event at LGA that should interest many of you
The bad news first. I am getting reports that due to the War in Irag and Katrina relief efforts there will be a very LIMITED Military presence. I am not saying there will not be any, just don't expect a lot or anything spectacular. While this is disappointing, it is certainly understanding ! There will other non airliners on display plus as of now, AA MD80, DL Shuttle 733, US 319 and possibly a Mainline DL aircraft, type unknown and no guarantee.

Now for the BIG News. As several have pointed out Rwy 13-31 is scheduled to be closed that day. Well I have been told by a Port Duty Mgr that there is just to much remaining work to not close 13-31 but it would be unsafe to use 4-22 with kids day going on. Solution, close 13-31, land-depart 4 or 22, relocate Kids Day to the "Echo Parking" area, just north of employee lot 10E, this is where NW , NK, and ATA remote park some of their overnight aircraft. Everyone will park in Lot 7 (free) which is just north of the Amoco Station, there will be lots of signs, there you will board busses for your free mini ramp tour over to Echo passing along the way 5 Towers where Trump parks, still there as of Tuesday. Once at Kids Day for those of you with large lenses this "Might" offer some photo ops of traffic on 4-22. You will be pretty far from the runway but with a 400mm you may be able to get some nice shots, especially towards the end as the sun goes behind us.

For those who do not know where I mean look at my (plug) overview photo, Echo parking is just to the right of the aircraft in line for 13 and just north of the employee (triangle shaped) parking lot

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=525143

There is no guarantee how this will pan out, it may be GREAT, it may not, I don't think it will suck.
I look forward to seeing/meeting many of you on Saturday.

Cheers

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-20, 09:47 PM
Wow. This will make for a very special Kids Day.

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-20, 09:47 PM
Wow. This will make for a very special Kids Day.

T-Bird76
2005-09-20, 10:02 PM
That's great Ron, from that location you can def get some great shots.

T-Bird76
2005-09-20, 10:02 PM
That's great Ron, from that location you can def get some great shots.

jakbar
2005-09-20, 10:42 PM
Ho. Lee. Cow. Kids Day at the Echo Parking area would be friggin insane if they're using 04/22!!!!

jakbar
2005-09-20, 10:42 PM
Ho. Lee. Cow. Kids Day at the Echo Parking area would be friggin insane if they're using 04/22!!!!

cancidas
2005-09-21, 09:35 AM
this should be interesting...

cancidas
2005-09-21, 09:35 AM
this should be interesting...

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-21, 11:14 AM
i just wet my pants...

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-21, 11:14 AM
i just wet my pants...

LGA777
2005-09-21, 07:15 PM
As an added Bonus for Kids Day we should have a great looking 727 parked nearby at Five Towers which should be visible from the bus. The Toronto Blue Jay's should be arriving late Thursday night for a Fri-Sat-Sun series with the Yankees, and they normally travel on this "sweet" StarJet 727 !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=534196

The Sunday game is at 1305 so the three holer will probably depart LGA around 1800-1830 if anyone wants to catch the departure !

Cheers

LGA777

LGA777
2005-09-21, 07:15 PM
As an added Bonus for Kids Day we should have a great looking 727 parked nearby at Five Towers which should be visible from the bus. The Toronto Blue Jay's should be arriving late Thursday night for a Fri-Sat-Sun series with the Yankees, and they normally travel on this "sweet" StarJet 727 !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=534196

The Sunday game is at 1305 so the three holer will probably depart LGA around 1800-1830 if anyone wants to catch the departure !

Cheers

LGA777

Ethan
2005-09-23, 04:37 PM
Bad news guys...I cannot come to kids day. I have to go to a conference on Sunday, so all my work has to be done tomorrow.

Sorry, and I look forward to meeting you all at a later time!!

Ethan
2005-09-23, 04:37 PM
Bad news guys...I cannot come to kids day. I have to go to a conference on Sunday, so all my work has to be done tomorrow.

Sorry, and I look forward to meeting you all at a later time!!

fly.mcs
2005-09-23, 06:23 PM
Okay guys, it has been confirmed.

Runway 13-31 will be closed all day Saturday during Kids Day; this piece of info is up on the LGA site, in case anyone would like to know my source :wink:

fly.mcs
2005-09-23, 06:23 PM
Okay guys, it has been confirmed.

Runway 13-31 will be closed all day Saturday during Kids Day; this piece of info is up on the LGA site, in case anyone would like to know my source :wink: