PDA

View Full Version : Important Notes Exchanged At the UN Summit

Matt Molnar
2005-09-15, 11:43 AM
This is an actual photo published on the Reuters photo wire.

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050914/i/r2587077477.jpg
U.S. President George W. Bush writes a note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during a Security Council meeting at the 2005 World Summit and 60th General Assembly of the United Nations in New York September 14, 2005. World leaders are exploring ways to revitalize the United Nations at a summit on Wednesday but their blueprint falls short of Secretary-General Kofi Annan's vision of freedom from want, persecution and war. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

The anti-Bu****es will have months of fun with this. It is pretty funny.

Here is the original link:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 077477.jpg (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050914/ids_photos_ts/r2587077477.jpg)

Note: Reuters and AP have been caught running Photoshopped photos and deceptive captions before, but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

T-Bird76
2005-09-15, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah I'm sure he'll get ripped apart for this, any chance the anti Ws have to chastise him they will. What's even more pathetic is the press, this is has to be one of the most unnews worthy things I've seen. I can't remember how many times I've sat through meetings and said to myself "oh god I'm going to piss myself if we don't break soon.

The man is human I wish the media would cut the crap already.

jakbar
2005-09-15, 01:47 PM
At least he had the forethought to give it some consideration as opposed to just getting up and walking out in the middle of someone's speech.

This whole "story" is ludicrous. I just can't believe how many people are talking about it today.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-15, 05:15 PM
hahahahaha. That has to be fake. Right???? :shock:

Ethan
2005-09-16, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't question Reuters--they are a very credible source of news.

Now that is some funny stuff. The leader of the free world is at an important event and this is on his mind!

cancidas
2005-09-16, 07:20 PM
that just seems to good to be true...

Matt Molnar
2005-09-16, 11:09 PM
The Reuters photo editor working at the UN that day has admitted it took a bit of upsizing, contrast tweaking and cropping to get the writing to stand out. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it is interesting. The original photo apparently showed the President's whole body and the text was not decipherable. Condi Rice confirmed the note was real when a reporter asked her about it at a press conference.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-16, 11:20 PM
hahahahhaahahaahaaaaaa

bonanzabucks
2005-09-17, 09:14 PM

You're kidding, right? My friend was a journalist for them. He said they're pretty biased in what they report.

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-18, 09:15 PM

You're kidding, right? My friend was a journalist for them. He said they're pretty biased in what they report.

In their defense, name a news source that ISN'T biased.

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-18, 09:15 PM

moose135
2005-09-19, 08:40 AM
The Reuters photo editor working at the UN that day has admitted it took a bit of upsizing, contrast tweaking and cropping to get the writing to stand out. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it is interesting.

Yeah, sounds just like every photo on a.net :D

moose135
2005-09-19, 08:40 AM
The Reuters photo editor working at the UN that day has admitted it took a bit of upsizing, contrast tweaking and cropping to get the writing to stand out. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it is interesting.

Yeah, sounds just like every photo on a.net :D

Matt Molnar
2005-09-19, 10:47 AM

Reuters became one of the more noteworthy anti-US offenders when, a couple of days after 9/11, their boss instructed writers to avoid using the word "terrorist" because "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

The leftist leanings of their news division make them a completely hypocritical company, as it was founded as a financial markets data provider, and that is still how they make most of their money.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-19, 10:47 AM

Reuters became one of the more noteworthy anti-US offenders when, a couple of days after 9/11, their boss instructed writers to avoid using the word "terrorist" because "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

The leftist leanings of their news division make them a completely hypocritical company, as it was founded as a financial markets data provider, and that is still how they make most of their money.