PDA

View Full Version : WIth the UN assembly in right now...

mirrodie
2005-09-14, 09:50 AM
just wondering if anyone has noticed more than the usual amount of military aircraft scaning the area?

I understand hte Coast guard has ships in the river, coviering the area.

I heard the A-10s were about last weekend. Around more recent arivals of military aircraft?

Matt Molnar
2005-09-14, 03:39 PM
I saw the NYPD Fuji Blimp yesterday. Aside from some extra military choppers which I've seen in the past, I think they keep the fighters and AWACS out of sight for the most part.

cancidas
2005-09-14, 05:00 PM
there is some increased NYPD air presence around the city this week. there are also a few unmarked helos flying around doing laps of the island and especially the east river. i was trying to shoot them from queens west park today but the light was crappy and about 60 seconds after i pulled out my cam i was aproaced by feds... totally didn't see them coming.

classicjetz
2005-09-16, 12:46 AM
there is some increased NYPD air presence around the city this week. there are also a few unmarked helos flying around doing laps of the island and especially the east river. i was trying to shoot them from queens west park today but the light was crappy and about 60 seconds after i pulled out my cam i was aproaced by feds... totally didn't see them coming.

..and what did they say?