PDA

View Full Version : Evacuee flight into SWF

Iberia A340-600
2005-09-09, 09:33 PM
My mom got off the phone earlier today with someone from FEMA who said that soon a flight of evacuees will be flying into SWF.

She was going to find out more when she talks to him again later on this weekend. The reason why she talked to him is because she is a professor at Vassar in the Hispanic Studies department and FEMA needs some Spanish and Haitian-French translators for the evacuees that will be staying at Camp Smith for a while near Bear Mountain.

I am very curious to see what plane will be flying into SWF and from where. I was thinking maybe a Delta B757-200 since they have been flying a couple of special flights for the evacuees in New Orleans.

Ethan
2005-09-09, 10:46 PM
My mom got off the phone earlier today with someone from FEMA who said that soon a flight of evacuees will be flying into SWF.

She was going to find out more when she talks to him again later on this weekend. The reason why she talked to him is because she is a professor at Vassar in the Hispanic Studies department and FEMA needs some Spanish and Haitian-French translators for the evacuees that will be staying at Camp Smith for a while near Bear Mountain.

I am very curious to see what plane will be flying into SWF and from where. I was thinking maybe a Delta B757-200 since they have been flying a couple of special flights for the evacuees in New Orleans.

Based on FEMA's recent performance, I wouldn't count on the flight actually showing up.

My two cents.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-09-10, 05:04 PM
I'm with Ethan on this one...