PDA

View Full Version : 5 Stars for Comair!!!!!

T-Bird76
2005-09-09, 09:33 PM
Well your local NYCAviation.com business traveler has just completed another successful journey this time to the Palmetto State of South Carolina, Columbia to be exact. I’ll get straight to the point Comair gets 5 Stars hands down. No I’m not crazy I did say Comair the Delta Connection.

I wasn’t pleased when I saw my travel dept. had booked me on Comair being I’m not a big fan of RJ’s and a preconceived notion of what Comair had to offer. Well now I’ll fly the CRJ (Canadair regional jet) in a flash, and I’m looking forward to my next Comair flight. I don’t think it was luck that I had two very good flights on Comair, the service was very consistent and similar. In this case it was clear the FA’s and flight deck crew were following some standardized training program. Well in any case whatever their doing I hope they don’t stop.

As you know I don’t like to write the typical trip reports so sorry kids I won’t give you a blow by blow of how many cups of Starbucks I had early Wednesday morning before we left… Well I’ll be nice this time “after check in we went through security and proceeded to Starbucks where I had two cups of Yukon blend BECAUSE I WAS “F”ing tired!!!” They’re happy? Before I go on, why do people insist on being so dam detailed in their trip reports? Grow up!

Most trips I’ve taken in the past month pre-flight goes something like “the Capt. has turned on the seatbelt sign, we can’t leave the gate until everyone is seated and the overhead bins are secure”. What they really are saying is “sit your fat assess down and stop trying to fit that Stradivarius into the overhead it won’t fit you dumb $hit”.

Well in this case after making the standard sit down announcement our FA proceeded to come around and hand out bottles of Poland Spring water along with a granola bar and asked if anyone wanted a copy of USA Today, which she had ten copies of. This totally surprised me; you generally only see this kind of service in First/Biz Class and the Shuttle flights to BOS and DCA. Then to top that she handed out Comair pilot wings to the kids on the flight!! Before you ask, yes I asked for one, she laughed, I laughed, we bonded it was magical. I wasn’t aware some airlines still did this, with all the cost cuts who would have guessed.

Like the preflight the in-flight service was outstanding. Even with a full flight the FA was cheerful accommodating and fast. She first went around with a full basket of "FREE" snacks consisting of peanuts, cheese, crackers, and more granola bars. A similar snack cost me $3.00 on AA, it was free on Comair go figure that out. Now I notice the little things more often then the obvious pretty often. One thing I really like about their beverage service was the cups, yes the cups. The cups on Comair are bigger then AA, Southwest, and United. The cups actually hold a decent amount of liquid!! Small things like that impress me, yeah I know I’m strange well so are you for reading this, j/k.

We’ve seen debates back and forth regarding how long can you possibly fly on an RJ. Well after flying American Eagle’s ERJs countless times I’d say no more then an hour, but on Comair’s CRJs I could easily go three hours. While the seats aren’t the softest they are very supportive especially in the lower back. The seats are also wide and the legroom Comair gives you is better then AA’s MD-80’s and 757s. Coming home I had Helga the Amazon Queen next to me and thankfully for my manhood I never made contact with her, and that was sitting comfortably with my legs stretched and the armrest down. Simply fantastic seats and legroom, just great!

Overall Comair exceeded my expectations wildly on both flights. I’d be interested hearing from others who’ve flown Comair. Perhaps this is some new customer service program they’re trying out, who knows. As a business traveler with four other trips scheduled but not yet booked I’ll be looking to use Comair again in the future. Next week I’ll bring you the New York Boston Shuttle as I leave for Beantown for a few days. Do I hear New England calm chowder calling???

Ethan
2005-09-09, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear that there is still an airline around that offers that type of service.

I can attest--try SkyWest one day--though stay away from the CR7. When you fly on a one class CRJ, everyone is treated equally, and well (consistently). However, when you add an F section into the equation like the CR7, the F/As have a reason to treat you just like they do on a mainline flight -- like garbage. (seen consistently).

IslipWN
2005-09-09, 11:12 PM
Sounds like you had a great time with Comair!

Alex T
2005-09-09, 11:22 PM
Great report, most I already heard on the phone with you but glad u made it back, you had a wild ride coming home when i was tracking your flight!!

Alex