PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Is Saved!!! Hollywood Has Arrived

T-Bird76
2005-09-05, 04:22 PM
Well unless you live under a rock you knew it wouldn't take long for Hollywood to stick their noses into the rescue efforts in New Orleans. Yes bad boy Sean Penn is heading up his own private rescue efforts because he feels not enough is getting done. Ok I'll commend his efforts for going into harms way for our fellow Americans but you have to read what he is saying.

He feels that helicopter rescue isn't enough that kayaks need to be employed to get between all these small homes to rescue people.

Kayaks?? And may I ask where are you planning on putting everyone, and I really me "one" that you rescue. Haven’t seen to many kayaks that hold more then two people and a zip lock bag worth of supplies. Oh btw have you noticed that Kayaks don't have motors? Man at that rate he'll be able to do house by house rescue’s by Mardi Gras 2010.

Apparently Penn also conducted some research and found that the Federal Gov't is only at 1/6 of what it can really be doing to help. He wasn't sure though how the numbers compared to what we have over in the Middle East.

I'm not sure but that sounds like there's some underlying meaning to it, but maybe that’s just me??? Ah hell lets pull 10,000 troops out of Iraq and send them to New Orleans its not like the 20,000 plus National Guard, Navy, Amy, Air force, Coast Guard, and god knows how many other civil servants from other states are already there. We have more people in New Orleans now then we did when we invaded Panama.

If someone can explain to me why we expect everything in this country to be done in a blink of an eye I would love for you to explain it to me. I'll say one thing Hollywood sent the wrong actor; if we wanted New Orleans to be saved right a way then should have sent Jeanie from I Dream of Jeanie. Hell she could have twitched her nose made everything right and bam the next thing you know it would have been Mardi Gras, I always wanted to see Jeanie’s boobs…

Matt Molnar
2005-09-05, 07:36 PM
I guess you haven't read this yet from Australia's Herald Sun... :mrgreen:

Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks

From correspondents in New Orleans
05sep05

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.
The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20050905/capt.sge.ete61.050905064516.photo01.photo.default-256x384.jpg
US actor Sean Penn bales water out of a boat with a plastic cup as he and members of his entourage make an attempt to rescue stranded people in New Orleans. (AFP/Nicholas Kamm)

Novanglus
2005-09-05, 07:50 PM
Good thing he brought a photographer. How else will be capitalize on his Dixie cup expidition?

Ethan
2005-09-05, 07:59 PM
OMG! New Orleans was saved with a plastic cup! Thats the key to it! Plastic cups!

http://dixie.com/images/prod-party01.gif

I appreciate his efforts but gosh, think realistically Sean!

Matt Molnar
2005-09-05, 09:48 PM
For a second I thought he was brave for doing this, but then after thinking about his trips to Iraq and Iran, and then seeing his boat sinking, I realize he is just too stupid or maybe too full of himself to recognize dangerous situations.

T-Bird76
2005-09-06, 04:47 PM
I just noticed in that pic he is wearing a bullet proof vest... Let him fall in, he'll sink like a rock.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-09-06, 06:38 PM
I guess he has the vest on cuz he knows Tom hates him :wink:

mirrodie
2005-09-07, 10:31 AM
well, nothing beats Geraldo Rivera's TV antics, showing him saivng an elderly woman in the house.

Perhaps we can tie him and Penn up together as they sink? ;)