PDA

View Full Version : How much will you be spotting with gas $$$ the way it is?

UrbanExplorer222
2005-08-31, 06:30 PM
Since gas today near me averaged around $3.20 for regular. How busy will everyone be with spotting? I know the only spotting im gonna do is FRG for the airshow. Until the prices go down, i will NOT be heading out. Just curious to see how everyone else is re-acting

USAF Pilot 07
2005-08-31, 08:15 PM
I filled up yesterday on base at $2.53 a gallon...

Off base, yesterday it was about $2.62 a gallon, but from what I've heard today it was up around $2.85 a gallon in most spots.

Hopefully on-base prices won't go much above $2.80....

In any case, if you really stop to think about it, if you're not an idiot who owns a SUV and is tight on money as it is, and you've got a pretty fuel efficient car, all you're really paying is anywhere from $3-$6 more per fill-up.

I fill up about once a week (I get about 320 miles on a full tank (12 gallons)), so yea, I do end up spending about $20-$30 more a month on gas, but it's nothing that's really prohibitive from driving...

The people it hurts the most are teh SUV drivers who get 12-16 MPG and have 20 gallon tanks.

yaas
2005-08-31, 09:43 PM
times like these i can't complain about taking public transportation

IslipWN
2005-09-01, 02:11 AM
i heard by the end of the month prices will be up to $4

moose135
2005-09-01, 09:37 AM
In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much more to fill up for me (maybe $10/week). And since I don't have much of a life anyway, I don't know that I'll cut back much due to the higher gas prices.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-09-01, 12:30 PM
I'm broke...

I'll just make someone else drive me around.

T-Bird76
2005-09-01, 01:11 PM
I don't think it will stop me from spotting, but as for just getting in the car and taking a drive.. I think I'll start to take walking more often. I have begun a practice of only filling the car to half. My mechanic told me you get better gas milage that way because the car isn't as heavy. If it gets to $4 a gallon for 87 I def will curtail some of my driving and try to carpool a bit if I can.

Alex T
2005-09-01, 02:07 PM
I don't think it will stop me from spotting, but as for just getting in the car and taking a drive.. I think I'll start to take wakes more often. I have begun a practice of only filling the car to half. My mechanic told me you get better gas milage that way because the car isn't as heavy. If it gets to $4 a gallon for 87 I def will curtail some of my driving and try to carpool a bit if I can.

WAKES?! LMFAO HAHAHA :lol: :lol: I miss read that :-P

Anyway what I do is i fill it back up when it gets down to the half, I dont fill it up TO the half from the empty tank, I make sure it never goes down past the half tank. I also get better mileage, and plus its cheaper, cause as tommy can attest I am such a cheapass.

Alex