PDA

View Full Version : Monty Has Back Surgery

Futterman
2005-08-31, 01:51 PM
http://www.vpmag.com/yssy/viewtopic.php?t=13287

Our good friend Montague Smith from Perth, Western Australia has just emerged from emergency back surgery after sustaining an injury to his spine some weeks ago.

He's back home right now, but in pain, so be sure to drop a line and remind him why he loves NYC so much. :)

You can read more on the Sydney Airport Forum (linked above) and post your well-wishes there or in this thread.

Get well soon, Mont! ;)

Brian

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-31, 02:05 PM
Ouchie!! If you have extra pain killers, take the pain and sell them!

Feel better, get back to NYC soon.

-Phil

T-Bird76
2005-08-31, 04:56 PM
I know how he's feeling, I had back surgery once, not fun. Get Better Monty.

jakbar
2005-08-31, 05:02 PM
I bet Monty would feel better if he had twenty eight year olds attending to his needs. :) (private joke...only a few people know that one)

Seriously....Monty, all of us here in NY (including your friend Yummy) wish you a speedy recovery.

Josh

bonanzabucks
2005-09-01, 12:32 AM
I Monty last year when he came to NY. He stayed with me while he was visiting. He's a standup guy and he has become good friends with me and my sister, whom he also met that week.

I spoke with Monty a few days ago. His back surgery was successful and he can walk, but his other motions are limited. It will be a long, slow and painful recovery, but everything seems to have gone well.

Mr Smith
2005-09-01, 06:25 AM
I bet Monty would feel better if he had twenty eight year olds attending to his needs. :) (private joke...only a few people know that one)

Seriously....Monty, all of us here in NY (including your friend Yummy) wish you a speedy recovery.

Josh

hahahaha! your a dangerous man Akbar! very Yum Cha :D i've got a ticket actually booked back to the fair city of NYC for the new year, it's my rehab goal and keeps me focused!

was suprised to see this thread but thanks for the wishes from the NYC crew! I'll be hoping to catch up Bonanza if your back there?! i'll be headed down to MIA and a few other places also

thanks again for the wishes.

Mr Smith
2005-09-01, 06:27 AM
Ouchie!! If you have extra pain killers, take the pain and sell them!

-Phil

your a bad man Phil! but they sent me home with morphine tabs which is unheard of in this country! wonder what they would be worth on the street? :lol:

Vodkagirlkris
2005-09-01, 12:33 PM
[quote="Phil D.":7a89c]Ouchie!! If you have extra pain killers, take the pain and sell them!

-Phil

your a bad man Phil! but they sent me home with morphine tabs which is unheard of in this country! wonder what they would be worth on the street? :lol:[/quote:7a89c]

In NY if you sell them in bulk you won't get much. Individually you can get $5 a pill if not more...

jakbar
2005-09-02, 12:41 PM
I'll be looking forward to your return to NYC, Monty. We had good times last time!

Josh