PDA

View Full Version : Any Pics of JFK's new AA terminal anywhere (since opening)?

RDU-JFK
2005-08-29, 10:47 AM
Hey all:

Are there any pics on any databases with the new JFK AA terminal since it has opened to passengers? I'm curious to see how the gates/aircraft are arranged.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

T-Bird76
2005-08-29, 11:24 AM
The airside isn't officially opened as of yet but the landside is. When I came into T9 last week the midfield building looked ready to go, AA had a sole 757 parked at one of the gates, perhaps for testing. Otherwise the taxiway access to the terminal was still blocked off. It really will be nice once the entire project is finished; T8 and T9 are very depressing to travel out of.

Jonesbeach
2005-08-30, 02:16 PM
Just to qualify myself, I have been on this project for the past five years.

The Main terminal bldg, MTB, and the midfield building, Concourse C, have been opened since Aug. 24. For this phase, MTB has no operational gates and Concourse C has seven on the north side and three eagle gates on the south side. All of these gates are only domestic. Once Concourse C is fully opened there will be seven domestic gates on the north side, two domestic on the south side, six international on the south side and nine American Eagle gates on the west end. Five eagle gates will open in Nov. 05 and the remaining four will open Feb. 06.

The next phase of the project will add nine gates to MTB on the west end and two gates on the east end. The project, as it was originally designed, is not going to be completed. After the those gates are added to the west side of MTB, T8 is torn down and supposed paved over.

Not my pictures:
http://slu2ggo.org/Airlinepics/AdmiralsClub.html

Jones Beach

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-30, 02:22 PM
Great info, Jonesbeach. Good first post. Glad you see you start posting. Welcome! :)

jakbar
2005-08-30, 02:26 PM
Is the security checkpoint before or after you go to the midfield building? For anyone that has been there, are there any new spotting locations that have become available as a result of this new terminal opening? I'd love to check this place out, but unfortunately I'm not flying on AA any time soon. :(

LGA777
2005-08-30, 02:55 PM
JonesBeach, thanks for sharing the pics, I realize they are not yours but very interesting to see !

Thanks

LGA777

Jonesbeach
2005-08-30, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys! Unfortunately for us aviation buffs, the security checkpoint is pretty much before everything else in the terminal. :( So unless your a ticketed passenger you're not even going to be able to see the airfield. Also, there is only one concession space in front of security, so if you are stuck waiting for someone the Hudson Cafe is your only source of "food". The next phases are not going to help this situation.

RDU-JFK
2005-08-30, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know the status of the parking lots outside JFK's AA terminal? When will it open?

cancidas
2005-08-31, 11:45 AM
did AA manage to put all the baggage CTX machinery out of public view? in my opinion, nothing ruins a terminal more than being able to watch everything happen. very unprofessional...

Jonesbeach
2005-08-31, 04:20 PM
As far as the parking garage, the Port Authority website says it will open early 2007.

As for the CTX machines, the baggage system is located entirely on the second floor, away from the public view. 9/11 happened early enough in the construction that they were able to design them into the baggage system.

Jones Beach

i_mizrahi
2005-09-02, 04:34 AM
The airside isn't officially opened as of yet but the landside is. When I came into T9 last week the midfield building looked ready to go, AA had a sole 757 parked at one of the gates, perhaps for testing. Otherwise the taxiway access to the terminal was still blocked off. It really will be nice once the entire project is finished; T8 and T9 are very depressing to travel out of.

I fully agree with that.
I flew with AA to JFK a few months ago from BRU, and found myself in a terminal that looked as if it haven't changed since the 70s. I was very surprised to see that, but shortly after I read that in fact AA is building a new terminal.
By the way, AA is building a new terminal in MIA also, but from what I read in the Miami Herald web site, they got into so much financial and logistic problems, that the Dade County authorities are planning to take it out of their hands.

Izhar