PDA

View Full Version : ***LAX Spotting Trip***

T-Bird76
2005-08-29, 12:00 AM
OK who's up for a trip to LAX??? Come On I know you are... Both Phil and I have booked a spotting trip to LAX for Oct 7th 8th, and 9th. Most of the spotting will be done on the 8th.

We're staying at the Sheraton Gateway LAX, which up to yesterday had a great rate of 89.00 a night. The rate has gone back up to 105, which still isn't bad. Airfare to LAX that weekend is fairly inexpensive as well; American is offering R/T from JFK for only 246 on AA.com. We'll be flying out of ISP on Southwest with a stop in BNA on the way out.

It would be great if some of you guys can come as well, lets show the west coast who's king in spotting!

cancidas
2005-08-29, 07:22 AM
i'd love to come out there with you guys. i'm going to be in monterey until maybe the 3rd of october, might be able to work out this trip as well. i don't know if i'd be able to make a flight out there that time of year, our transons are booked pretty well. i'll fill you in when it gets closer.

eric8669
2005-08-29, 08:35 AM
I would have definitely considered it , but I am planing a trip to LAX later in the year or in the beginning of January. Also the week before that Josh and I will be in Toronto for some spotting.

Eric

Alex T
2005-08-30, 04:08 PM
I plan to come.....Been talking to Phil and Tommy about it.

Alex

T-Bird76
2005-08-30, 04:10 PM
I fully expect to have a box of Thin Mints in my hand the min you walk off the plane or you be flying back Southwest Cargo. :P

Alex T
2005-08-30, 08:06 PM
I fully expect to have a box of Thin Mints in my hand the min you walk off the plane or you be flying back Southwest Cargo. :P

Boarding pass, THEN thin mints...

Are you seriously going to wait around for 45 minutes to meet my flight when it comes in for my thin mints? Not to meet me??

Shame..:-(

Alex :-P

IslipWN
2005-08-30, 09:57 PM
I will check out my schedule and try to fly back home to ISP and take WN from ISP to LAS or something and than connect to LAX.

Tommy who are you flying on the way back?

eric8669
2005-08-31, 02:29 PM
I have decided to make the trip to LA, I was able to get good airfare on Song. Is anybody interested in sharing a room/car? I am actually flying out Thursday Night and staying through Monday Morning.

Eric

jakbar
2005-08-31, 02:37 PM
Wow, Eric....two out of town spotting weekends in a row. That'll be fun! Too bad I can't make the LAX trip...I have wanted to go there for photography for quite some time.

eric8669
2005-08-31, 02:47 PM
Josh,

Yup, back to back weekends, Toronto and L.A.
I was planning on going in January, but since everybody seems to be going that week, I'd rather be there with people I know. I am only taking 2 days off from work so its not to bad and the trip to Toronto is not costing me that much since I had the Voucher. It should be fun.

Eric

T-Bird76
2005-08-31, 03:07 PM
Eric this is great your coming! Check Dollar's rates on cars they were really good.

mirrodie
2005-09-01, 10:17 AM
Geez Phil! If you'd had told me, I would have structured my dates.

Too bad, I might have been able to come, we're in LAX on Oct. 1, but flying out on the 2nd.

Just wish you told me sooner. I would have changed the days.

Tower Air
2005-09-03, 05:06 PM
I plan to come.....Been talking to Phil and Tommy about it.

Alex

Welcome To The Board alex! :D :D

Alex T
2005-09-03, 07:11 PM
[quote="Alex T":645be]I plan to come.....Been talking to Phil and Tommy about it.

Alex

Welcome To The Board alex! :D :D[/quote:645be]

Thanks for the nice welcome, all I got from tommy was "start posting bitch" haha, im j/k. this website is wonderful, and Tommy and phil both encouraged me to join and try to head to LAX as well.

There is nothing else I can do for now, iv booked the WN trip needed to fly to get my 16th credit. Then ill book the flight to LAX. I am still talking to people about hotel arrangements.

Alex

tipek
2005-09-08, 04:01 PM
Guys,

I'll be there :) Thats funny that I can't put together trip to NYC during a weekend but I am able to fly across country to meet with you guys at LAX :)
I will arrive at LAX at 12:02pm from SLC. Hopefully somebody can give me lift from the terminal to the hill.

Rafal

Alex T
2005-09-27, 06:22 PM
Hey Guys-

Bad news- I will not be able to make it to LAX that weekend. Sorry guys. Money Situation is the reason. Hope you guys have a great time.

Alex

EDIT- im trying to work out one little detail. If this works out, then I will be able to go. Hope it does. I know how much Tommy wants my thin mints lol.

Alex T
2005-09-27, 06:22 PM
Hey Guys-

Bad news- I will not be able to make it to LAX that weekend. Sorry guys. Money Situation is the reason. Hope you guys have a great time.

Alex

EDIT- im trying to work out one little detail. If this works out, then I will be able to go. Hope it does. I know how much Tommy wants my thin mints lol.

IslipWN
2005-09-27, 07:28 PM
I can go now you guys!!!!!

IslipWN
2005-09-27, 07:28 PM

Alex T
2005-09-27, 07:52 PM
im trying to work out one little detail. If this works out, then I will be able to go. Hope it does. I know how much Tommy wants my thin mints lol.

i know i go back and forth lmao

Alex

ps-Joe glad you can go!

Alex T
2005-09-27, 07:52 PM
im trying to work out one little detail. If this works out, then I will be able to go. Hope it does. I know how much Tommy wants my thin mints lol.

i know i go back and forth lmao

Alex

ps-Joe glad you can go!

IslipWN
2005-09-27, 08:50 PM
um actually no i dont think im going to go thanks anyways.

IslipWN
2005-09-27, 08:50 PM

IslipWN
2005-09-28, 04:09 PM
lol I may actually go now!!!

IslipWN
2005-09-28, 04:09 PM

mikephotos
2005-09-28, 04:13 PM
I will check out my schedule and try to fly back home to ISP and take WN from ISP to LAS or something and than connect to LAX.

ISPWN, funniest **** I've ever read :)

Mike

mikephotos
2005-09-28, 04:13 PM

ISPWN, funniest **** I've ever read :)

Mike

IslipWN
2005-09-28, 04:41 PM
HAHAHAHA I'm just waiting to see if a certain someone goes or not, and than I will know!!

IslipWN
2005-09-28, 04:41 PM
HAHAHAHA I'm just waiting to see if a certain someone goes or not, and than I will know!!

mirrodie
2005-09-29, 12:02 PM
hey, LA is great guys. I'm hoping you'll have as good a time as we are.

The wx has been at least 75 every day.

Yesterday, we went to Boeing Alteon and did a few hours of simming on the MD-11 and the B 717.

THe MD-11 was lots of fun, did a few approaches into LAX. I love flying that plane. Its much more complex but it virtually flies for you. A lot more monitoring instruments in the md-11. But we did some yaw manuevers and roll maneuvers. The approaches into LAX were relatively smooth except for the cross wind.

Then we did some more time in the 717 sim. The 717 really felt like a rocket in comparison. And it was awesome as we were flying in/out of Honolulu. We're doing touch and goes, avoiding the volcanoes. The 717 was really just great as I did a ton of visual flying and ignored the flight director (as instructed ;) )

Our instructor was awesome. Talking with him was literally half the fun. I mean, this is a man who flew A-4s in Vietman and then flew for Continental Micronesia, flying the 727, and MD-11s and really gave me the read deal on Kai Tek Approaches. Imagine talking it up with a guy who's had some crazy stories to tell!

Guys, I can't say it enough. You are going to LAX so jump on the 405 south and get to Long Beach! Heck, that's got some history there too! You have to take photos of the FLY DC-9 JETS sign right across the street.

Jets Talk to Midnight Mike on the anet boards a and get set up. It doesnt cost an arm and a leg (in face, it costs less then most sigma lenses ;) .

And if you're lucky, you get a goodie bag from Mike himself :)

Lastly, I have to get ready to go, gonna see hte Getty property today, but

for lunch or dinner, head over to TYPHOON at SANTA MONICA airport. Great place to eat, smaller strip with mostly private and biz jets but RIGHT on the taxiwas with takeoffs and rotations maybe 800 feet away. Has a great upper deck for spotting the entire surround of LA, if not for hte planes. I highly recommend it!

Im off for another day in LA!
Cheers! Mario

Highheels says howdy!

A great experience and this time I got some video and shots to show y'all next time.

mirrodie
2005-09-29, 12:02 PM
hey, LA is great guys. I'm hoping you'll have as good a time as we are.

The wx has been at least 75 every day.

Yesterday, we went to Boeing Alteon and did a few hours of simming on the MD-11 and the B 717.

THe MD-11 was lots of fun, did a few approaches into LAX. I love flying that plane. Its much more complex but it virtually flies for you. A lot more monitoring instruments in the md-11. But we did some yaw manuevers and roll maneuvers. The approaches into LAX were relatively smooth except for the cross wind.

Then we did some more time in the 717 sim. The 717 really felt like a rocket in comparison. And it was awesome as we were flying in/out of Honolulu. We're doing touch and goes, avoiding the volcanoes. The 717 was really just great as I did a ton of visual flying and ignored the flight director (as instructed ;) )

Our instructor was awesome. Talking with him was literally half the fun. I mean, this is a man who flew A-4s in Vietman and then flew for Continental Micronesia, flying the 727, and MD-11s and really gave me the read deal on Kai Tek Approaches. Imagine talking it up with a guy who's had some crazy stories to tell!

Guys, I can't say it enough. You are going to LAX so jump on the 405 south and get to Long Beach! Heck, that's got some history there too! You have to take photos of the FLY DC-9 JETS sign right across the street.

Jets Talk to Midnight Mike on the anet boards a and get set up. It doesnt cost an arm and a leg (in face, it costs less then most sigma lenses ;) .

And if you're lucky, you get a goodie bag from Mike himself :)

Lastly, I have to get ready to go, gonna see hte Getty property today, but

for lunch or dinner, head over to TYPHOON at SANTA MONICA airport. Great place to eat, smaller strip with mostly private and biz jets but RIGHT on the taxiwas with takeoffs and rotations maybe 800 feet away. Has a great upper deck for spotting the entire surround of LA, if not for hte planes. I highly recommend it!

Im off for another day in LA!
Cheers! Mario

Highheels says howdy!

A great experience and this time I got some video and shots to show y'all next time.

Alex T
2005-09-29, 02:18 PM
Sounds like your having a great time man, should be fun!

Alex

Alex T
2005-09-29, 02:18 PM
Sounds like your having a great time man, should be fun!

Alex

IslipWN
2005-09-29, 05:46 PM
alex are you going or not

IslipWN
2005-09-29, 05:46 PM
alex are you going or not

Iberia A340-600
2005-09-29, 10:28 PM
I think it is probably to late but you should book on Song to LAX or Jet Blue to Long Beach and then rent a car and drive to LA which takes about 45 minutes from Long Beach.

Iberia A340-600
2005-09-29, 10:28 PM
I think it is probably to late but you should book on Song to LAX or Jet Blue to Long Beach and then rent a car and drive to LA which takes about 45 minutes from Long Beach.

IslipWN
2005-09-29, 10:55 PM
If I go, I am flying Song for sure!

IslipWN
2005-09-29, 10:55 PM
If I go, I am flying Song for sure!

Matt Molnar
2005-10-03, 12:29 AM
According to Anet, ANA will begin NRT-LAX service using a 777-300ER Oct 8th.

mirrodie
2005-10-05, 07:24 PM
back finally. Bummer your trip is so short. The sims at LGB are just right there!

Oh and Phil, be prepared. Bring some good eyedrops. Refresh or TheraTears Contacts.

For the first time in my life, I had contact lenses issues, burning and redness. perhaps due ot the smog or to the air quaility change from the fires. I'm wearing the same exact pair of contacts now and having no problems back in NY.

have a ball guys!
Mario