PDA

View Full Version : TWA's Terminal 5

N790SW
2005-08-23, 06:07 PM
today i was on a-net and i saw a disscussion about B6 building a new terminal behind T5- but what would you like to see this terminal turn into - a museum of some sort- because that would be cool- in my opinon that terminal was built for TWA and i dont think any other airline should use it - thats just my 2 $.

RDU-JFK
2005-08-24, 12:12 AM
A museum makes the most sense. With the flight tubes connecting the current terminal 5 to JetBlue's new terminal, something like a restaurant or lounge won't make sense, since you'd be so far from the gates. Leave it as a museum, possibly showing all of JFK's past history. They should move AA T8's stained glass window there as well.

IslipWN
2005-08-24, 03:06 AM
I too think it should be converted into a museum with all the past history of JFK.

And I think you meant .02$, not 2$.

T-Bird76
2005-08-24, 11:56 AM
The Port Authority and Jet Blue have already said that T5 will be turned into a museum of sorts. Neither went into details but Jet Blue did say they would install electronic kiosks in T5 for customers who would like to use the historic building for flight check in. I'd fly Jet Blue just for that chance again. Although I'm wondering if the TWA signs will stay up?? I firmly believe they should, the building was built for TWA and if it’s going to celebrate its heritage then the TWA signs should remain. I'll cry if I see Jet Blue signs hanging on T5.

Tower Air
2005-09-03, 10:52 PM
They should try to rebuild t5 to turn it into a b6 term.

Alex T
2005-09-04, 12:27 AM
The Port Authority and Jet Blue have already said that T5 will be turned into a museum of sorts. Neither went into details but Jet Blue did say they would install electronic kiosks in T5 for customers who would like to use the historic building for flight check in. I'd fly Jet Blue just for that chance again. Although I'm wondering if the TWA signs will stay up?? I firmly believe they should, the building was built for TWA and if it’s going to celebrate its heritage then the TWA signs should remain. I'll cry if I see Jet Blue signs hanging on T5.

I will be there with you holding a tissue for you. I am so upset I never got to experince TWA at JFK. I would hope they would keep it "the way it is" if I ever get a chance to head up there. It is a true history in aviation and TWA alone. One of the lAST reminders of TWA. Please keep it the wya it is and use it as a touring spot. or Museum of some sort.
Alex