PDA

View Full Version : 8/16/05 Cross Bay beach

UrbanExplorer222
2005-08-16, 12:54 AM
So i was bored this morning, and actually had planned on going to JFK since the winds were going to be out of the NW. I went to the beach to get some depature shots. I was there oooo about 45 mins when out of the corner of my eye I see a cruiser. Now im thinking "S**t cant go one day without them". They both get out of the car, ask me what im doing blah blah blah same old spiel. THe one cop was nice, just asked me if it was my car, my id, and what i was doing. Told him everything and he said "ok, just becareful more people might call in". Well that was not the end, cuz his partner was Captain America. I was called over to the car for one last "encounter". The "evil" cop asked me for the registration of the car, and wanted to take some info from my ID. Meanwhile the other cop told me that i should go to PAPD in building 269 and ask them where i should go where i wont be bothered. This was new to me. Anyways to make a long story short, the evil cop gave me the whole "post 9/11" speech and that this wasnt the best spot. SO i asked him "what is the best spot, anywhere I go you always come to visit". They eventually left and i continued shooting until the clouds got too low.

Summary
Spotter Names: Chris Haack
Airport: JFK
Date: 8/16/05
Start Time: 10:30
Duration: 5 minutes
Preemptive Course of Action: ------
Agency or Agencies Involved: NYPD
Primary Officer Name: ---
Badge Number: -----
Misc.: ID check, constant 9/11 remarks.
Obnoxious Remarks: "You know this isnt the best idea"
Case Number: ------
Other Information: Civilian complaint, "someone taking pictures of airplanes" Called in all the info on my car. EVERYTHING

jakbar
2005-08-16, 10:18 AM
SO i asked him "what is the best spot, anywhere I go you always come to visit".

That's a great line!

Good report. Nice to see that Captain America gets around, for just two weeks ago he appeared at Planeview Park to give me, Brian and others a hard time. His brilliant quote of the day: "Why don't you move further away from the airport. Besides, this is Planeview Park, not Planefilm Park." Moron.

Josh

Futterman
2005-08-16, 10:40 AM
Meanwhile the other cop told me that i should go to PAPD in building 269 and ask them where i should go where i wont be bothered.

It sounds stupid, but I'd actually do that. Not so much to find a spot they deem 'appropriate' as to simply check-in and communicate. Needs a good amount of brainstorming, though, but I would like to look into this Building 269.

Oh, and do you mean you went out yesterday, 8/15? I'm posting this at 10:40AM on 8/16, so your date may be off unless Howard Beach got WiFi service when I wasn't looking. :)

Good report. Nice to see that Captain America gets around, for just two weeks ago he appeared at Planeview Park to give me, Brian and others a hard time. His brilliant quote of the day: "Why don't you move further away from the airport. Besides, this is Planeview Park, not Planefilm Park."

Well, at least our cops were cooperative, unlike that ass who ran up to Chris. ;)

Brian

UrbanExplorer222
2005-08-16, 12:14 PM
hahah i posted it at like 1 in the morning so i wasnt thinking straight. But yes Brian you are correct i meant to say 8/15... And I will definately be going to PAPD next time to let them know.

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-16, 12:26 PM
I think you handled this well, Chris. Nice, cooperative, and respectfully inquisitive.

What spot was this? Not Howard Beach? I'm confused by Cross Island Biridge. Do you mean Cross Bay?

UrbanExplorer222
2005-08-16, 03:32 PM
Cross Bay...Cross Island..Cross whatever lol. it was Cross Bay my fault