PDA

View Full Version : That's it, I'm out

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-08-01, 03:44 PM
If anybody cares, I'm done uploading to a.net, they've all missed the point. Just thought i'd let you know.

LGA777
2005-08-01, 04:09 PM
Eric, I see you have 254 photos so far on JP, they may not get as many hits and may not get you as many
requests to use your photo's but the site seems to have a different personality and attitude, I love uploading their !

LGA777

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-08-01, 04:12 PM
I'm seeing double ... Yeah I plan to take my uploads to Jetphotos and Jetthrust.com, I like their attitudes better.

Sulman
2005-08-01, 04:39 PM
Don't quit Eric. Upload where you want, but there's no reason to stop at a.net. If they reject stuff then so be it, but at least you'll get to share the stuff you do get accepted.

Cheers

James

Futterman
2005-08-01, 04:46 PM
JP.net has a reputation for accepting what A.net rejects for petty reasons. This actually relieves a little stress when one of my shots is rejected from A.net (and accepted by JP), because in the long run, all I'm looking for is acceptance.

Man...that sounds sad, borderline pathetic.

Either way, why are we discussing this HERE?

Brian

Sulman
2005-08-01, 04:54 PM
It presently isn't a welcome topic on the forum at a.net. Johan has put on his jackboots.

Cheers

James

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-08-01, 04:56 PM
It presently isn't a welcome topic on the forum at a.net. Johan has put on his jackboots.

Cheers

James

That being the main reason right there, at least Kilroy acknowledges that other people have different preferences than himself.

jakbar
2005-08-01, 04:59 PM
It presently isn't a welcome topic on the forum at a.net.

The topic isn't welcome here either. In case you haven't noticed, we're not http://www.antiairlinersnet.com. People need to grow up and stop whining and attacking each other. There are places on the internet for people who want nothing more than to whine about a.net, but this ain't one of those places.

Josh

Futterman
2005-08-01, 05:08 PM
http://www.AirWhiners.net

Thanks,
Brian

Sulman
2005-08-01, 05:11 PM
It presently isn't a welcome topic on the forum at a.net.

The topic isn't welcome here either. In case you haven't noticed, we're not http://www.antiairlinersnet.com. People need to grow up and stop whining and attacking each other. There are places on the internet for people who want nothing more than to whine about a.net, but this ain't one of those places.

Josh

Josh, that attitude simply isn't necessary. I have neither attacked airliners.net or even whined about that site, here or there. Eric has articulated that he doesn't want to contribute there anymore, I've stated that I think that would be a shame. I cannot be much clearer than that.

Eric hasn't mentioned this anywhere else, so I replied here.

I'll say no more on the matter.

Thanks for the welcome.

Regards

james

jakbar
2005-08-01, 05:30 PM
Josh, that attitude simply isn't necessary. I have neither attacked airliners.net or even whined about that site, here or there. Eric has articulated that he doesn't want to contribute there anymore, I've stated that I think that would be a shame. I cannot be much clearer than that.

Eric hasn't mentioned this anywhere else, so I replied here.

I'll say no more on the matter.

Thanks for the welcome.

Regards

james

James, I have no intention of getting involved in the anti a.net stuff that is going around, but I only respond to make clear for you that I wasn't referring to you specifically, nor was I accusing you of anything. You made the comment that a.net isn't welcoming these kinds of posts, and all I said was that neither are we. That's it. No need for you to read any deeper than that. That said, welcome to the site! :)

Josh

Sulman
2005-08-01, 05:36 PM
That's cool Josh, I fully appreciate the reasoning.

Cheers

James

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-01, 05:42 PM
Airliners.net issues have always brought about a lot of emotion, more-so lately than ever.

We've already had one case of personal attacks in regards to this issue on our fairly new forum already, and such topics do bring forth a lot of heat.

While I have no problem with people voicing their opinions on issues like this, I really do not want this site to develop the reputation as being an anti-Airliners.net sounding board, especially considering the site's young age.

I won't stop people from posting it, I just ask that their frustrations either be very constructive and fair, or that they not be posted. Personal favor, not a rule.

I can't speak for Josh, but after all the drama we've already seen with similar topics, frustrations about the frustrations (if that makes sense) is high.

Again, post what you want as long as it doesn't violate our actual http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10 (rules), but just be aware of what you are saying and the social consequences it may have on the site.

Thanks guys.

James, great to have you here. I wish your joining was under better circumstances, and I hope you get to enjoy some of the other conversation that we have to offer.

-Phil

Sulman
2005-08-01, 05:51 PM
Hi Phil,

It's all good, The hobby does mean alot to me and I know things will settle down.

'Spotter blotter' scares me ****less, however.

Cheers

james

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-08-01, 06:36 PM
Eh, it looks scarier than it is.