PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue E190

Futterman
2005-08-01, 01:21 PM
A lot of stuff has been happening in the area lately, and if you thought things were going to slow down...well...you're wrong!

There's been some more hype about JetBlue's imminent E190 deliveries. While I don't have any specific date as of now, I was told that we'd be seeing revenue flights with the aircraft by September. With this in mind, I suspect the first delivery to take place within the next four to six weeks.

If anybody has more information, be sure to share. As I come across anything, I'll be sure to do the same.

Be on full alert! :)

Brian

Matt Molnar
2005-08-01, 02:01 PM
Can't wait. It might be cool if we planned some sort of get together to get on the first flight.

jakbar
2005-08-01, 02:11 PM
To get ON the first flight? As in, ride it to its first destination? Sounds great....you buying the tickets? :)

On a serious note, maybe NYCA could contact JetBlue to see if we could get invited to the inauguration ceremony at JFK. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they had the media out to see the new plane.

Josh

Futterman
2005-08-01, 02:14 PM
On a serious note, maybe NYCA could contact JetBlue to see if we could get invited to the inauguration ceremony at JFK. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they had the media out to see the new plane.

I'm right on it. :)

eric8669
2005-08-01, 02:20 PM
Count me in on that. That would be great!

Eric

Futterman
2005-08-01, 02:28 PM
No, Eric, you've had enough fun. :)

Just kidding, although the chances of a major airline inviting the 'whole' of an aviation enthusiast site out for the inauguration of the E190 at JFK are astronomically small. We'd have to do something profound in the community to get a reward like that, like fund an AirTrain station at LGA or find a cure for blepharal conjunctivitis. Know what I mean?

Regardless, I'm sure there'll be an NYCA presence in some way, shape, or form. I have already made the site known to the folks at the Forest Hills HQs, and will visit them once again when I have a weekday off work.

Too bad nothing in "www.NYCAviation.com" rhymes with "blue"... ;)

Brian

Matt Molnar
2005-08-01, 02:46 PM
If you have some contacts there that would be great. I think they have an outside PR firm doing work for them too, I'll look into contacting them.

fly.mcs
2005-08-01, 06:28 PM
Count me in as well!
I'll try contacting JetBlue in the meantime, regarding their E190.

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-01, 06:37 PM
Guys,

While I can't stop you from contacting JetBlue, or anyone, on your own, I ask that you not do so in the name of NYCAviation.com.

Brian is actually our PR guy, and I hardly ever even contact other folks, as I leave that to him.

Again, contact them if you want, but Brian has some good contacts already and we, as a group, might make more progress if we let him represent us all.

Just my thoughts.

-Phil

jakbar
2005-08-01, 07:03 PM
Guys,

While I can't stop you from contacting JetBlue, or anyone, on your own, I ask that you not do so in the name of NYCAviation.com.

Brian is actually our PR guy, and I hardly ever even contact other folks, as I leave that to him.

Again, contact them if you want, but Brian has some good contacts already and we, as a group, might make more progress if we let him represent us all.

Just my thoughts.

-Phil

I, too, was thinking this needed clarification (since it was me who originally suggested that NYCA contact JetBlue), but you beat me to the punch. :)

fly.mcs
2005-08-01, 08:38 PM
Hey Phil, I was actually going to contact JetBlue just to ask when they would release their E190.
And yeah, I trust Brian has that other matter taken care of.
And as you stated, it wouldn't be good if too many people called in under the same name.

Now that I think of it, you guys have probably already asked them when they would release their E190 (a specific date, if they have any).
I'll shoot them an email though.

cancidas
2005-08-02, 01:57 AM
sure... it doesn't sound strange for a 17 year old kid without media credentials contacting an airline to get on a media event to take pictures. damn... friggin airline taught me too much about security. ah well... brian go ahead, break a leg.

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-02, 02:04 AM
I can think of more situations that Brian has succeeded where people with many more "credentials" have failed. Give him some credit.

jakbar
2005-08-02, 12:32 PM
I can think of more situations that Brian has succeeded where people with many more "credentials" have failed. Give him some credit.

Amen to that.

Josh

Futterman
2005-08-02, 01:08 PM
friggin airline taught me too much about security.

Matt,

So I guess they couldn't teach you anything else... Aviation is just as much a 'who-you-know' industry as it is one based on experience. Neither my age nor my 'reputation' have ever been a detriment in contacting airlines or other organizations.

Thanks for your comment, though.

Brian

lijk604
2005-08-02, 04:31 PM
My bro works at B6. Sending him next month for MX training on the aircraft....5 week course. Using that as a guide, expect it not before Mid-September, as no one else in B6 MX has gone to school for it yet.

Rumor has it that at least for the first few weeks it will only fly between MX stations (JFK/BOS,FLL) in order to get other folks trained. If I hear anymore I'll pass it along.

T-Bird76
2005-08-02, 06:18 PM
I doubt for a second that the people Brian speaks to have any clue about his age, like it matters. Anytime I've spoken or interacted with him he's well spoken, mature, and I'm sure in a business situation comes across as an educated professional.

jakbar
2005-08-02, 06:24 PM
Anytime I've spoken or interacted with him he's well spoken, mature, and I'm sure in a business situation comes across as an educated professional.

I couldn't agree more.

Futterman
2005-08-02, 07:13 PM
I doubt for a second that the people Brian speaks to have any clue about his age, like it matters. Anytime I've spoken or interacted with him he's well spoken, mature, and I'm sure in a business situation comes across as an educated professional.

Well, maybe until I try to crack a joke...

I couldn't agree more.

...or promote a petition against dihydrogen monoxide. :)

Yeah, so what about them Yanke--eh, JetBlue E190s?? Thanks for the insight, lijk604.

Brian

IslipWN
2005-08-03, 02:31 AM
I cant wait to see the E190 in full B6 colors!!!!

fly.mcs
2005-08-03, 02:34 AM
And I can't wait to see a B6 aircraft that's blue, especially the interior!
A bit off-topic, but it has been bugging me.

K9DEP
2005-08-08, 07:48 AM
About 3 weeks ago there was an E190 in factory colors outside of Jet Blue's new mnt hangar, . . . could have been going in to be painted? anyway B6 should be showing something soon. Maybe it's still there I haven't been back to that spot in a while.

BTW I saw it from the DHL cargo parking lot which is on the left hand-side of 13L (good CRI viewing also)