PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines Scheme

N790SW
2005-07-29, 11:18 AM
Do you guys think it is about time delta introduced a new clean c/s and if you do wut would u like it to look like ????- cuz i do no their planes look horrible so - it would be nice to seee some imput- maybe the retrun of th widget?????

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-29, 11:24 AM
Delta has introduced more schemes than any other major carrier in the past decade. I think they need it the least.

fly.mcs
2005-07-29, 12:50 PM
In my opinion, I think they should go back to the Widget.
I'm guessing it's too late for that now since all have been erased from the fleet and it would be a waste of $$ to put every plane back into its original livery.
The latest livery isn't too bad, but like I said, I prefer the Widget.

protonv5
2005-07-29, 01:01 PM
They'll be backrupt shortly so I don't know if it matters much.

protonv5
2005-07-29, 01:03 PM
Actually, I don't know what backrupt is. Sorry I fat-fingered the keyboard. But they are headed towards bankruptcy.

T-Bird76
2005-07-30, 10:09 PM
You have to remember painting a plane isn't cheap so it comes down to trying to create a brand that people will recognize when they see it and the same time spend the least amount of money as possible. If you look at Delta's fleet they don't really use all that much color and in fact the belly is bare metal allowing them to use even less paint. This all results in a huge cost to the airline which they need. In the process Delta still managed to keep their identity by modifying the Widget, although they have decided to start using the old widget in replace of the one there using now.