PDA

View Full Version : AA unveils first phase of new JFK Terminal

T-Bird76
2005-07-28, 09:15 PM
Good news for passengers traveling on American out of JFK!!! AA unveiled the first phase of their new 1.4 billion dollar terminal yesterday (7/27). One special note about the terminal when its fully completed the security check points will be able to process over a 1000 customers an hour greatly reducing the time it takes to get to the gate. If you've traveled through terminal 8 or 9 you'll know how bad AA's check points are now.

AA's official press release.

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pressReleases/2005_07/27_jfk.jhtml

fly.mcs
2005-07-29, 02:46 AM
Sounds great!
Hopefully I'll get a taste of what it looks like next month (August).
I will be traveling to SJU, so I will have a look at Terminal 9. :mrgreen:

Iberia A340-600
2005-07-31, 01:40 PM
I saw some photos of it and it looked nice! I think that the first part of the terminal will open on August 27th.

I am kind of glad that Iberia pulled out of Terminal 8 since it was so crappy!

fly.mcs
2005-07-31, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I saw a photo myself!
Looks real nice.
If I get a glimpse at any of it next week, I'll try my best to get at least one shot.
I've never taken pictures inside of a terminal, so I'm not sure how security will react.

LGA777
2005-08-05, 12:37 PM
Last night I picked up my wife at AA JFK, because of the new terminal construction there is currently no public parking at Terminal 8 and 9 so there is a Temporary remote lot about a mile away, near the former TWA Hangar with frequent free Port Auth shuttle bus service to the Terminal, about a 10 min ride ! Kind of a pain in the ass especially on the way back slepping her big Dominican suitcases on/off the bus.

LGA777

RDU-JFK
2005-08-08, 10:32 AM
LGA777:

I'm flying to DC this Saturday on AA and I'm driving to JFK...would you recommend that I park over by T1 and take the Airtrain, or park at the place you parked by the old TWA hangar?

Thanks, and this is my first post!

RDU-JFK
2005-08-25, 09:54 AM
If anyone's interested, AA.com has updated JFK's terminal map on their website. Check it out. Can't wait to fly through it!