PDA

View Full Version : Good Parenting

Hyder
2005-07-25, 04:50 PM
Yesterday as i went to go get pizza for my brother i notice coming out of my court a somewhat frightened look on a kid inside of a jeep. I thought nothing of it, just went about my business to pick up the pizza, as i come back from the pizza place my mom reminds me that i have to drop a letter for her in the mailbox. So as i go to the mailbox (relatively the same direction as the pizza place) two little boys (i'm guessing ages 8 and 6) come out of the van crying their eyes out to me. I tell them to calm down and tell me what's going on. They said their dad hasn't come back and they have been waiting there for a long time.

So i'm sort of weirded out by this circumstance being that some guy actually left his kids in a car, with the windows down, and a dog inside. So i assure them that i will be back in less than 2 minutes (i wanted to check the strip of stores across the street from my house), they gave me a description of what their dad was wearing and i went for a quick search.

The guy was getting his hair cut! and the normal time it takes to get a haircut at that barber shop is 45 minutes. This guy actually left his kids in the car for i'd say about 30 minutes just so he could get his hair cut and didn't have the nerve to take his kids inside with him.

Think about it, those kids were lucky enough to approach me to ask for help, they easily could've asked a fricken kidnapper or something and the situation would've been ten times worse. I wanted to beat the guy down, but i was just relieved that the kids were back with their pops and then he finally had the sense to take them to the barber shop with him.

Derf
2005-07-25, 06:10 PM
I think I would have called the cops. That makes me sick!

I have 2 little ones and that is just unbelievable that there are people out
there like this. It is great that you did not hand the problem off to the
nearest store.... Great Job...... I would have loved to have been the
person to talk to the father! lolol

T-Bird76
2005-07-25, 09:20 PM
People really blow my mind.. :roll: I too would have called the police. My first reaction before reading the rest of the post was child abandonment which is all to common these days. That would have killed me to see that.

cancidas
2005-07-26, 10:31 AM
good work hyder. you're probably thier hreo now....

Vodkagirlkris
2005-07-26, 11:20 AM
Personally, this does not bother me...

That's most likely because I hate kids. However, I'm sure this guy must like his own kids so he really should have put a little more thought into that...