PDA

View Full Version : NYCAviation Hits the Road!!

T-Bird76
2005-07-23, 09:37 AM
Well, for now on there shouldn't be any question who's spotting at the local New York area airports because NYCAviation.com has hit the road! Introducing the first official NYCAviation.com Pace Car, Anet, JPNet eat your heart out. :lol:

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/nycsign1.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/nycsign2.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/nycsign3.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/nycsign4.jpg

cancidas
2005-07-23, 09:48 AM
tommy that's great!! i had a similiar idea for a van a while back, never materialized. on a serious note, don't you think that would attract more attention than normal?

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-23, 02:27 PM
WOO! I think this is great. Tommy, you were right, they DID come out GREAT.

Matt, I don't think this would cause more trouble at all. Something like that on the side of a car looks very professional, and can be somewhat validating to visiting police officers. It is something that many businesses do for their vehicles.

People see a car with that on it and someone with a camera getting out. "Gee, I guess that's some kind of aviation business," and they don't get as suspicious.

I love it.

cancidas
2005-07-24, 12:35 AM
i guess you're right phil, it does make it sound more like a business and more legit. guess i'll have to do the same for my next set of wheels. tommy, can you send me a PM with the info on how you did that? does it stay on the car when you're driving?

cancidas
2005-07-24, 12:42 AM
hey phil, jus tthought of this, woudl you think of making up business cards with the site's name for the photogs here? i'd be willing to pay for mine on my own but if we could disgise this a s business then the card would be prefect. it could say "Staff Photographer" and our names or somethign to that extent. it might work... i'll work out a design and send to you.

USAF Pilot 07
2005-07-24, 12:52 AM
Wow, very nice, and very professional looking! :)

T-Bird76
2005-07-24, 11:15 AM
hey phil, jus tthought of this, woudl you think of making up business cards with the site's name for the photogs here? i'd be willing to pay for mine on my own but if we could disgise this a s business then the card would be prefect. it could say "Staff Photographer" and our names or somethign to that extent. it might work... i'll work out a design and send to you.

That would actually open up liability to Phil in the event someone did something illegal in the name of NYCAviation.com. While a business card does not necessarily mean you work for an organization it does affiliate you with the organization if the organization "blesses" you to use their name and logo, which can put the organization at risk if you do something illegal in their name. Another point simply having a business card on you that states your a "photographer" means absolutely nothing to authorities, and rightly so. Unless you have a Press Pass or airport security clearance to be on airport property a business card means nothing.

Also let me clear something up, I'm not driving all over Long Island with these signs on my car promoting NYCAviation.com as a business entity or that I am officially part of that business entity, I'd never want to put this great site or its founder at risk for anything. I had these signs made up for Phil after we had a conversation about it sometime ago. I have a good connection that could do this and we decided to do it. In my opinion the best use for these signs would be when Phil or any of the moderators or administrators are out spotting and can speak factually as an official representative of the site if someone was to inquire. But business cards really aren’t a good idea unless you are officially part of the organization, there is simply too much risk.

Futterman
2005-07-24, 01:02 PM
Finally! A magnet I don't have to put on my fridge. :) They look INCREDIBLE.

Matt Molnar
2005-07-24, 04:13 PM
Nice. What's the MSRP for the Nissan Maxima NYCAviation.com Edition?

Mike
2005-07-24, 07:17 PM
Oops. Guess I should stop using the business cards to get out of speeding tickets?

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-24, 07:29 PM

Business cards are something that have been considered not only by us for a long time, but by people over at JetPhotos.net and Airliners.net for some time now. However, All, including us, have decided against it for the exact reasons that Tommy explained.

We do, though, offer business cards to anyone who is a part of our actual staff, which consists of only a few other people.

I'll keep you posted on this, though. Your points i]for[/i] the business cards are being supplemented by other features we are currently working on right now.

Nice. What's the MSRP for the Nissan Maxima NYCAviation.com Edition?

Oops. Guess I should stop using the business cards to get out of speeding tickets?

I laughed hysterically at both of these. :)

IslipWN
2005-07-31, 12:38 AM
nice idea tommy!

Eric Daniel Smith
2005-07-31, 10:00 AM

Out west we've come up with the same idea, we just haven't gotten around to ordering the damn things yet :lol: