PDA

View Full Version : Police To Blame for 3 Suffocated Boys?

Novanglus
2005-07-19, 02:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/19/trunk.deaths.ap/index.html

We all remember the horrible tragedy of the three boys who became trapped inside the trunk of a car and suffocated to death, to be found by one of their fathers days later.

Shortly after this happened, the father of one of the boys said that maybe police were to blame for not searching the trunk. Days later, he retracted the statement, as it was said during what was obviously an angry and stupid outburst. But now the parents are thinking again that maybe the responsibility falls on law enforcement. A lawyer says that the boys' death is "squarely on the shoulders of the police."

This is the most recent installment of people placing the blame where it doesn't belong and refusing to take accountability for their own actions. Something horrible happens and they feel that someone must be blamed. They can't possibly get over their sons' deaths unless someone goes down, and hard. It doesn't even matter if it is the very people that helped you out during throughout the ordeal. Police launched one of the biggest manhunts in child-search history to look for these boys, yet the parents are the least grateful in their efforts and in our tax dollars spent.

We won't even mention the fact that these very parents were unable to supervise their own children playing in a near junkyard-like backyard with old garbage in the form of a defunct car. With the statement practically being to the police "Since you could not be the parent that we couldn't be either, we're going to sue you for it. Come to my rescue and can't save my life, it's your fault."

I think it's time for the police to counter this lawsuit threat with perhaps some sort of child endangerment charges on the parents. I thought the police were very kind, understanding and compassionate when they decided to hardly even look into whether or not the parents would be charged with some sort of negligence, and this is the thanks they get.

I let my kids play in a landfill of a backyard without supervision, but it's the police department's fault for being bad at hide and seek. Go ****ing figure.

T-Bird76
2005-07-23, 09:46 AM
Well, this is just another case of society not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions. As you mentioned where were the parents? Probably inside watching Jerry Springer or throwing back a can of OE. The police are there to protect and serve, not supervise our children. Its tragic that this happen but charges really should be filled against the parents.

I just hope a Judge realizes how ludicrous this case is and throws it out!