PDA

View Full Version : Hockey is coming back!!

cancidas
2005-07-13, 06:29 PM
http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/230330.html

NEW YORK/TORONTO (July 13, 2005) - The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association have reached an agreement in principle on the terms of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Details of the new Agreement will not be made available publicly pending the formal ratification process by the NHLPA Members and the NHL Board of Governors.

It is anticipated that the ratification process will be completed next week, at which time the parties will be prepared to discuss the details of the Agreement and plans for next season. No further comment will be made until then.

all i have to say is WOO HOO!!! about damn time!

Tom_Turner
2005-07-13, 09:05 PM
I wonder who caved in. Or did they actually reach a reasonable compromise of some sort.

T-Bird76
2005-07-13, 09:58 PM
About time, this winter blew without hockey.

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-13, 11:00 PM
This is tremendous. I'm excited and interested to see how the fans turnout when it all picks up again.

Also, you think all the players will come back? I was thinking about the just yesterday, and wondering if when the NHL came back, if there would be all of the teams that existed when it ended because of a player shortage.

cancidas
2005-07-14, 06:21 PM
i guess now it's time to buy that f/2.8 lens for shooting inside the arena...

Matt Molnar
2005-07-14, 10:38 PM
There will be a player shortage. Rather than suffer the humiliation of making $1.2 million a year rather than $1.8 million (last season's average) for playing a game, many players have decided to work regular 9-5, 50 week per year $40,000 salary Joe Schmo jobs.

Ha!

There could never be a player shortage, only a diluting of play quality if some current players left and were replaced by lower level players. But that will never happen...what the hell else are these guys gonna do? The only way players would leave would be if a competing league were formed...the players union was actually planning to form its own league in the event the lockout continued and the owners decided to use replacement players.