PDA

View Full Version : Spotting July 16-17

UrbanExplorer222
2005-07-10, 08:36 PM
Anyone have any plans of heading out sunday or saturday? I definately plan on getting out!! Probally JFK. It would be great if we could get everyone together again like last week!!! :lol:

T-Bird76
2005-07-10, 08:56 PM
I'm planning on heading out on the 16th for sure, prob start at LGA and then head to JFK. Dropping off some friends at LGA around 10 so right afte that I'll be out.

Futterman
2005-07-10, 08:59 PM
Hey Mr. 350D,

I know I'll be out bright 'n early both days...probably some LGA in the morning then JFK around noon time. A big group like the last weekend would be fantastic, especially since some representatives from the DCA/IAD area will be in our neck of the woods.

Brian

UrbanExplorer222
2005-07-10, 09:39 PM
Hey Mr. 350D,

hahahahahahahah, nice one lol. :P

Matt Molnar
2005-07-10, 10:24 PM
As of now it looks like the remnants of Dennis will be here just in time for the weekend. :|

protonv5
2005-07-10, 10:53 PM
OK Gotham, that's enough of that. I'm really looking forward to next weekend!

Mike
2005-07-11, 01:45 AM
Hey everyone. :) I'm hoping to come up to NYC one of these weekends, right now I'm thinking of the 16-17, and I'm coming from the Philadelphia area but I don't drive so I'm taking the train up. Unfortunately, I really can't afford a hotel room or anything and I'm hoping someone who is spotting this weekend might let me "crash" with them for a couple days, as well as wouldn't mind driving me to and possibly from the amtrak station? I've never done spotting before so I've been eager to see what it's all like and been wanting to meet up with everyone. I can be reached by sending me an e-mail over the forum or DarkFire47 on AIM. Thanks!

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-11, 02:18 AM
I just want to say to all that if I was able to, I'd put Mike up.

Mike is the programmer for the site and is THE reason this message board even exists. I'd trust him with a lot, and you folks can, too.

It would be great to have him around this coming weekend.

tipek
2005-07-11, 10:46 AM
Hey Guys,

I can confirm 3 people from DC on Saturday July 16.
We are planning to depart DC around 5am (driving), and arrive at JFK around 10am.

Where should we meet? I know only spot near 31R at Costco, and soccer field near 22. What if they are landing on 13s and 4s? I have no clue where to go.
Last time I was able to find those spots thanks to great map that I've got from Mike M.

Is AF still using B777-300 on Saturday afternoon flight?

Rafal

protonv5
2005-07-11, 11:21 AM
Count me in for sure for 16/17. I was at EWR Sunday and what looked like a Continental 777 from a distance. It had a blue and yellow paint scheme. I wasn't able to get a pic of it but does anyone know what paint scheme this is? I've never seen it before. Very cool. Bottom line is I have a real basic camera setup. Not like you guys with the long lenses and all. And I was above terminal 2 at the Airtrain station. So I would have been shooting through glass also. When I noticed the plane it was already at the far end taxiing for departure. My camera does great when I'm real close to what I'm shooting.

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-11, 12:20 PM
Protonv,

Was it this?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/876653/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/873657/L/

jakbar
2005-07-11, 12:50 PM
I'd like to get out on Saturday (possibly Sunday too) since it sounds like we're gonna have another big group.

protonv5
2005-07-11, 01:36 PM
That's it!! I knew that if anybody knew you guys would! I think that's a cool paintscheme. I am not sure of the signifigance of it though. And 2000? I would have thought comthing occuring in 2000 the paintscheme would have been changed by now. Any thoughts? Thanks for finding the pic though!

DannyO
2005-07-11, 10:16 PM
I think I am all free this Saturday and very eager to meet everyone. I only know one of the spots and thats the costco one but I worked at JFK and know the place like the back of my hand. I'll figure out where they are. Let me know if you guys plan to meet someplace.
Danny

Steven Holzinger
2005-07-11, 11:49 PM
I'm still planning on heading out... but I think my plans to stay with a friend of mine in Long Island are pretty much fading...so I don't know what I'm going to do.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-07-12, 07:52 PM
ill be out late on saturday...probally around 230 or so. Sunday is a definite though. Brian i might end up calling you to see whats going on, where everyone is

jakbar
2005-07-13, 12:24 PM
I just checked the weather forecast for this weekend. Yikes. It's supposed to be "scattered thunderstorms" from today through next Wednesday. If it turns out that it is raining on Saturday and Sunday, I'm gonna pass on going out. I'd be up for some dinner with whomever wants to get together, though.

Brian...unless the weather report drastically changes, there's no way I'm getting up at o'dark thirty this weekend. Maybe...maybe...I'd go out for a little bit in the afternoon if, in the morning, the weather looked like it might let up, but I'm not getting up early with the chance that when I do it is raining or overcast.

Futterman
2005-07-13, 01:05 PM
I agree. I'm curious, though, to see if it'll be Tstorms like last weekend, where we had a few MASSIVE CBs and blue sky with some great light. Either way, minimal spotting or none at all, dinner sounds like a good idea. Tom mentioned a nice/"expensive" seafood/casual place by 31R that has great views of arriving traffic (on 31R), so I'd like to check that out, with or without planes.

Applebees is getting stupid. "Incredibowl"...shut the hell up.

Brian

jakbar
2005-07-13, 01:40 PM
We'll play it by ear, Brian, and talk about it on Friday evening.

cancidas
2005-07-13, 05:42 PM
i'm game, finally ahve a weekend off. anybody able to give a ride, i no longer have a car.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-07-13, 06:17 PM
if the weather is crap. guess we'll just re-schedule for next weekend. I also just realized sunday ill be out around noon hopefully, because i have a dept drill sunday morning

protonv5
2005-07-14, 09:09 AM
Hey cancidas, I'll be coming over the Verrazano on Sat. from EWR area. Where in Brooklyn are you? I guess this all depends on the weather of course but honestly it will take a lot for me not to come this weekend. It'll be my first time hangin' with you guys but I don't mind giving you a lift. :)

tipek
2005-07-14, 09:52 AM
I will also let you guys know on Friday evening if we are coming to town. With the weather like that, we will also postspond trip to the next weekend again.

Rafal

DannyO
2005-07-15, 08:58 PM
Hey everyone, its Friday evening and I think I will probably go out, except if its raining or overcast when i wake up. I really want to go so I hope its another day like today, blue skies :) My only question is how do we meet up. I haven't met any of you and I don't have anybody's phone number. If anybody would like to call me, my number is: (386)405-7153 I'm not sure what time you guys plan on meeting but I was going to get up around 6 or so. Let me know so I don't wake up to early haha. See you soon.
DannyO

T-Bird76
2005-07-15, 09:16 PM
Sounds like the weather may just work out in the morning. I'll be out for a bit once I drop my friends off at LGA, then I'm heading off to NJ. Hopefully see some of you guys in the morning.

Steven Holzinger
2005-07-15, 10:13 PM
I had a bit of a problem with setting up the new internet connection here, forcing me to dip into the NYC weekend funds, plus the weather being an issue, so I won't be able to make it up this weekend. D'oh! But when I go back to school I promise I'll be up there every other weekend, or something like that!

cancidas
2005-07-15, 10:36 PM
hey proton i'm all the way on the northern tip of brooklyn. the wife has something planned for me so we shall see. send me a pm sat night for a yes/no on whether ill be headed out.

eric8669
2005-07-15, 10:50 PM
If the Weather is good I will be out early.

jakbar
2005-07-15, 11:22 PM
I won't be out, if at all, until the afternoon. It's supposed to be cloudy in the morning, with the possibility of scattered t-storms in the afternoon. If today and yesterday were any indication of what Saturday will be like, the afternoon will be fine but the morning will be kinda dull.