PDA

View Full Version : Fake IDs

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-09, 02:53 PM
Since I also work managing a bar, I run into a lot of issues with carding people and fake IDs.

My buddy and I decided to start collecting the fake IDs, instead of throwing them out or keeping them. Nice souvenirs and heck, perhaps a new hobby.

Some tell tale signs of a fake ID:

- For NY State IDs, the fake ones are usually thinner, a lot more flexible, and not as smooth as a text, almost like a screen.

- For out of state IDs, if there is a hologram that is circular and says "Seal of Authenticity. Genuine" It's not. These are also usually accompanied with a hologram of a key when held at a different angle. These are so blatant and common it's not even funny.

- With these out-of-state IDs, you also want to look for off-center edges or just pathetic imperfections like a faded background that looks like it's a copy.

- If the ID passes those tests but still looks questionable, look for blurred lettering on the back with spelling and grammatical errors. "This is not transferable card" leaves out the word "a", and that you get a lot. Or when he text on the back is basically just a sales pitch on how "real" the card is.

- If the person says "No, it's real, scan it!" then don't even look any further at the ID. No one with a real ID will argue how "scan-able" their ID is, I have it shows they paid extra so it can scan.

- If the person is wearing the same clothes as the person in the ID, they are trying too hard and probably a fake.

IDs used by people other than the person on the card is common as well, and can be treated just as any other fake ID, regardless of whether or not it is valid for the true user. People will use the IDs of cousins, sisters, brothers, friends, anyone. Keep that in mind and check the following:

- Expired IDs are a big red flag. I will check every single detail of the card and picture, and if I Have any doubt about anything, I won't accept it. Especially if it looks old

- If the photo looks a little bit off, check the height and eye colors. Then check the spacing between the eyes, you can never fake that.

Other notes:

- Florida has new IDs that have circular holograms that are very thin and almost look like that "Seal of Authenticity" thing. Use a flashlight and make sure you read the "State of Florida" around the thin band.

- Many IDs also get chalked to conceal or alter the real numbers, so rub the birthday or expiration date and see if that has any effect.

- Bending NY State IDs are also a good giveaway. Fake ones crack. WHOOPS! Sorry I cracked your fake ID."

I'll think of more soon, and maybe I'll start showing examples of some of the fakes I get.

Hyder
2005-07-10, 12:57 AM
i went to bowery and they were checking ID's and the license i had was expired, and somehow in someway my birthdate year was fudged, those guys gave me tons of crap and then the bouncer decided to "give the man his respect". now i see why (through your post) they're so hard on people with ids and all.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-07-10, 11:46 AM
I had tons of fake ID's in highschool. But when you have breasts most people don't card you anyway.

Hyder
2005-07-10, 12:14 PM
im getting implants...today.

cancidas
2005-07-15, 04:05 PM
when i lived in AZ i used my NYS lisence and tags on my car as well. every tim ei went somewhere i would always try using my ERAU ID as we would get discoutns all the time. when that didn't work, like for buying alcohol i would whip out my NYS lisence. people always thought it was fake when they felt it, the AZ ID were still hard plastic compared to the floppy NY ones. my last resort was of course my sheild and FDNY ID.

moose135
2005-07-15, 04:21 PM
I've been through Midway Airport a couple of times in the past month on business. Every time we've stopped for lunch and ordered a beer, everyone in our party gets ID'ed, even though the youngest of us is at least 35. (And no, that's not me!)

Alex T
2005-08-30, 08:30 PM
I was just telling Phil about Fake Id's here where I live, Southern Illinois area

You can be 19 to enter bars and such here. But if you are caught with a fake id, here is what happens to you.

-ID thrown away
-Arrested on the spot, with an overnite in jail
-You pay a fine depending on the officer
-Your REAL license is suspended for 6 months.
-You are not allowed to enter the bar for 6-12 months depending how severe the situation was.

and other things they may add, but boy, I sure as hell not gonna get a fake ID, it just isn't worth the time to do it and get caught and that ****. So phil, no worries about finding an ID thats fake from me. haha
Alex

IslipWN
2005-08-30, 10:04 PM
I was just talking about fake id's with someone last night. If I was still too young to enter a bar, I would never use a fake ID :D

RDU-JFK
2005-09-05, 11:35 PM
Maybe Phil can answer this...

I go to school in NC and people here often give me trouble for my NY State drivers' license being so flexible in comparison to the other states. Is there a way to check for fake IDs that are too flexible, because I'm always worried I'll be denied entry because they dont know that NY State has flimsy-like licenses.

Thanks

expressjet145
2005-10-28, 08:13 PM
Ive drank at a chili's, bar's, clubs, and on Southwest Airlines and never once got carded.... and im 18. Go figure..

-Ry

2005-10-29, 08:37 PM
people need fake IDs so they can party and have good time ... can't blame them :)

PhilDernerJr
2005-10-30, 05:35 PM
Maybe Phil can answer this...

I go to school in NC and people here often give me trouble for my NY State drivers' license being so flexible in comparison to the other states. Is there a way to check for fake IDs that are too flexible, because I'm always worried I'll be denied entry because they don't know that NY State has flimsy-like licenses.

Thanks

It's not easy to explain, as if anything, I think the flexible NY State ID makes it easier to spot fakes. Fake NY State ones crack when bent. Other states look like that same **** that you can get on West 4th Street.

I would just tell them that that's what NY State IDs look like, and that it's a shame that their bar does not get a diverse enough crowd to know that. Bring credit cards or something along to help prove your identity with your ID. Maybe a Passport would help, too.