PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone!

DannyO
2005-07-07, 07:35 AM
Hey guys, i've been reading your forums for a while and I registered today and thought i'd say hi to everyone. I'm currently a free lancer for the Herald on Long Island and I also have connections with JFK airport. I am not sure if Art Brett actually remembers me but I met him at Newark once when an Antonov 124 came in. I was with my boss George Badia and I was leaving when he arrived. Anyway, this site is great and you guys seem awesome, I hope to meet up with you guys soon before I go back to Florida for school.

Danny

eric8669
2005-07-07, 08:00 AM
welcome to the site, Hope to see you out there, we should have a group for this weekend.

JFK Connections-Excellent, could come in handy

Eric

jakbar
2005-07-07, 12:09 PM
Hi Danny....welcome to the forums. It's great that you're interested in getting together with us....I know that all of us are always more than happy when new people join the fray.

Also, as Eric said, JFK connections could come in handy for the right opportunity.

Josh

AAGold
2005-07-07, 04:00 PM
Danny,

Hi. Yes I do remember meeting you with George that day. Aug. 5th to be exact. Welcome aboard.

Art

USAF Pilot 07
2005-07-07, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard Danny!

If we can do anything for you, or you need to know anything, please don't hesistate to ask!

USAF Pilot 07

Vodkagirlkris
2005-07-07, 06:04 PM
Welcome Danny!

DannyO
2005-07-08, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. This is definitly the friendliest forum I have seen so far. I can't wait to meet you all. The signatures some of you come up with are awesome...Aspriring to be the ATIS voice...i laughed out loud when i read that lol. Can't wait to go spotting when I get home from Europe on Monday. Oh and hey, i have a few pictures on A.net if anyone wanted to see...just look up Daniel Offermann (thats me!!) Thanks again.
Danny

Futterman
2005-07-08, 08:32 AM
Hey Danny, welcome to the forums! Not exactly an original greeting at this point, but hey... :)

I look forward to meeting up, as I see you attend ERAU. I'm actually checking Riddle and a few other schools out since I just finished my junior year of high school. We'll chat sometime.

The weather looks like it's going to turn to **** this weekend, so group spotting might have to be put off until the 16th.

Brian

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-08, 11:57 AM
Just looked at Danny's photos and see that he was at the Paris Air Show. I'm jealous!

Danny, what was it like to see this:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/863567/L/

Lucky guy!

DannyO
2005-07-11, 10:09 PM
The Paris Air Show was unbelievable! I went with a big group of aeronautical engineers for my study abroad program and we were VIP's there. I got a perfect view of every plane landing and taking off...the greatest spot possible for plane spotting! The A380 was gigantic and very quiet...you could barely hear it. They called it the whispering giant there. I'm excited about the 16th, looking forward to meeting up with you guys. And futterman, ask me anything you'd like about ERAU, I love the school and this is my 3rd year.
Danny