PDA

View Full Version : I'm planning a trip to EWR

tipek
2005-06-29, 04:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I might be coming to NYC for a weekend on July 9-10th. I was hoping to stick at least for a day at EWR. Anybody would like to join me?
Also, how is the drive back from JFK to EWR on a Saturday evening (around 8pm)?

I've been talking to Senga about my EWR trip, but on those dates he'll be unavailable. So it would be nice to stick at EWR or JFK with local spotter.

Thanks,
Rafal

markg
2005-07-03, 09:40 AM
Hi Rafal,

Sorry I can't join you next weekend, I'm off out to LA.

The ride from JFK-EWR on a Saturday evening shouldn't be too bad, except for the Belt Parkway.

Mark

fly.mcs
2005-07-04, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I agree with markq. I drove to JFK today from New Jersey and the Belt Parkway was a bit slow moving in both directions (and this was around 19:00). If you do decide to go from EWR to JFK, take the Turnpike (I-95) to the Goethals Bridge; this will take you onto the Staten Island Expressway. Take the expressway to the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge which will lead you to the Belt Parkway. (I'm giving you this route because if you were to go through Manhattan, the traffic might be bad there.) I wouldn't be able to meet up with you (I'll be in D.C.). Enjoy your stay!

Fly1346
2005-07-04, 03:13 PM
come back to JFK! it has more to offer then EWR. I dont think I can come to EWR.

tipek
2005-07-05, 10:39 PM
fly.mcs are you going to DC for shooting or something else?
Weather for this coming weekend doesn't look good. But of course it might change. If you are planning spending some time at DCA or IAD let me know. I might be able to join you.

Fly1346, I need 3 things from EWR:
No.1 TAP Airbus in old or new cs
No.2 Privatair
No.3 Continental B757 with winglets.

If the weather suck this weekend (in NY area) I will try to go there next weekend (July 16-17). I'll be there again with Michal/Mike (some of you already met him), and possibly with another DC based photog.

Rafal

tipek
2005-07-06, 04:10 PM
Guys,

I'll be at JFK this Saturday. From around 6am until it gets dark. Is anybody planning spending day at JFK this weekend?

Rafal

jakbar
2005-07-06, 07:08 PM
Hey Rafal....unfortunately I'll be flying back to NYC from PHX on Saturday, but I would have enjoyed meeting up with you again. There's always next time!

Josh

NIKV69
2005-07-06, 09:31 PM
Guys,

I'll be at JFK this Saturday. From around 6am until it gets dark. Is anybody planning spending day at JFK this weekend?

Rafal

I might be there later in the afternoon about 4 or so. Depends on the forecast.