PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines 777 visits JFK

SengaB
2005-06-24, 09:35 AM
A Vietnam Airlines 777 visited JFK yesterday. New York City was one of 4 stops the Vietnamese Prim Minister visited during a week long tour in the US. This trip is a Vietnamese a Head of State's first visit to the U.S. in over 30 years!
I was VERY lucky it came in just before sunset and before some clouds on the Horizon rolled in!
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/vna1.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/vna2.jpg

eric8669
2005-06-24, 10:04 AM
Senga,

Nice Shots,

I was going to go out Yesterday, but decided to go today. Maybe something good will be there today.

Eric

SengaB
2005-06-24, 10:09 AM
Thx Eric,
I gave up a shot of the Universal A319 that flew past me when I was getting into position and earlier missed a Ameristar DC-9 too.

"Maybe something good will be there today"
Last time someone said that the Bahrain 747SP showed up!
:D
Senga

Futterman
2005-06-24, 11:00 AM
*yawn*

Just another day spotting with Senga! :) We should cut off his foot and hang it in our car for good luck. :twisted:

How long is/was the Prime Minister here? (Ie: When does it depart? Did it?)

SengaB
2005-06-24, 11:31 AM
I am assuming it departed last night. Even after 1 hour after landing the APU, nav lights and grounds crew were around the plane. I don't think it was on the ground for very long. I have heard they will be starting service to the US soon.
Senga

Futterman
2005-06-24, 11:58 AM
1 hour? Must've been a pretty quick visit to NYC!

LGA777
2005-06-24, 12:13 PM
If they start service to the US my guess would be LAX, due to the large
Vietnamese population in the LA area, anyway great shots Senga, the weather
was so nice Thursday especially around that time. Now forgive my ignorance
but since when is there a Universal A-319 ?

Ron Peel

SengaB
2005-06-24, 12:17 PM
LOL! No the 777 was comming back to JFK to pick up the Prime Minister. The PM was in NYC for the day. It might still be there but I am not going to JFK as they have that Massive convention in flushing today.
Senga

Futterman
2005-06-24, 12:28 PM
Haha, okay Senga. I gotcha now.

Those shots are incredible, though, I would've been shaking and shooting 5fps if I saw that thing coming in (and not gotten the same results). I commend you! :D

SengaB
2005-06-24, 04:02 PM
Sitting at Howard Beach for over 6 hours and dozing in and out of conciousness I was suprized my ears caught "Hotel Victor November 7580"-the callsign. I was a nervous wreck!..Should have seen how I was driving to get from Howard beech to 22L spot! My nerves were shot as I only had 3 hours of sleep!
Senga

Mr Smith
2005-06-24, 08:22 PM
Senga
this is a very new aircraft, i actually saw this one on the flight line at Boeing in early may, nice shots! it's only been seen at Sydney a handful of times since entering service!

SengaB
2005-06-24, 10:03 PM
Monty,
I was really hoping for the 767 they have that is in old colors. They normally use it for government flights. Other than that disapointment I am quite satisfied. When people come to the US they "put on their best clothes" grrrrrr
Senga

FlyingColors
2005-06-24, 10:47 PM
Good going Senga.

A very high rate of effort for the shots, but you got it, and that makes it worth it.

Mike

SengaB
2005-06-25, 02:24 AM
Yes its a lot of work. After after its all said and done its very worth it when you can look at your accomplishment and feel good about obtaining it :) And no one can take it from you. Gotta love those pix that make you say...."wow I cant belive I got that!" Even when I look at my Avitar still I am amazed I actually got a pik of that Boeing 720!
Senga

Mr Smith
2005-06-25, 04:14 AM
this would be the one aye Senga? got this one in Frankfurt last year, that's one place that you are likely to see them!

http://www.studio1.com.au/sc/gallery/albums/test01/Picture031.jpg

SengaB
2005-06-25, 01:06 PM
Monty,
Oh yes that the one I wanted!.........Why do you torment me like this! You Mock me! Taunt me! LOL

Senga

Tom_Turner
2005-06-26, 12:44 PM
Senga - GREAT CATCH. Glad you got it !!

AFter trying to get it so early in the morning - only to find it wasn't there, I did come back in the evening and see it . Too dark for a shot though....

Bad week for me..I missed the Vietnam 777 and Japanese Coast Guard all in the same day.. !!! :(

Hopefully it will be back on regular service... prolly LAX..but may JFK in time.

- Tom