PDA

View Full Version : Domodedovo Airlines To Fly to JFK with IL-96!!!!

AA 777
2005-06-23, 12:55 PM
Looks like another hot new airline and aircraft for JFK. Later this year Domodedovo Airlines planes on starting service from Moscow Domodedovo to JFK with IL-96's, yes thats right an IL-96!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is the Press Release from the airline. Russian Only
http://www.akdal.ru/live/news.asp?id=10052152

I think its fair to say we will all be at JFK the first day of service!

-Matt

PhilDernerJr
2005-06-23, 12:58 PM
Wow, now THAT is news.

We need to find the date on this.

We also need someone that speaks Russian. Preferrably female, tall and shapley. :)

AA 777
2005-06-23, 01:01 PM
I should have included that they will fly to MIA too, so not just JFK

-Matt

Futterman
2005-06-23, 01:25 PM
Did I say 'Whoa' for the AC E175s at LGA? Hmm...then this'll have to be a

WHOA.

Okay, here's a crude translation.

22.06.2005 - THE AIRLINE « ДОМОДЕДОВСКИЕ AIRLINES » PLANS THE PROGRAM OF CHARTER FLIGHTS IN MIAMI AND НЬЮ-ЙОРК

The airline « Домодедовские airlines » already in it to year will start to carry out the program of charter flights from Moscow in cities USA - Miami and New York.

The license necessary for performance of flights in the USA is received « Домодедовскими by airlines » in May of this year from Department of transport and federal aviation administration of the USA.

It is planned, that flights « Домодедовских airlines » in Miami it will be weekly carried out on modern liner Il-96-300. Base configuration Ил-96-300 assumes 267 armchairs (245 places – economy class, 22 places – business a class) with an opportunity перекомпоновки in one-class – 289 armchairs of economy class.

The airline « Домодедовские airlines » becomes the unique Russian airline which is carrying out the program of charter flights from Russia in the USA.

Nice research, Matt. How'd you find out? A.net?

Brian

FlyingColors
2005-06-23, 01:26 PM
OMG!!

HOLE

E

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

that made my day...

LGA777
2005-06-23, 01:47 PM
That's the coolest new service I have heard of in a long time ! Does this outfit have any
IL-62's they might use as a equipment sub ?

Matt, thanks for the research on this.

Cheers

Ron Peel

Futterman
2005-06-23, 02:26 PM
My thoughts exactly, Ron. They DO have IL-62s, but they're configured for almost half the passengers the IL-96 can carry. Despite the longer range, the 62s also have a MTOW 100 tons less than the 96. I wouldn't bet on seeing it as an equipment sub, but hey, apparently ANYTHING can happen!

jakbar
2005-06-23, 02:32 PM
This is insane.

LGA777
2005-06-23, 02:45 PM
Brian, maybe since the service will be new it might take a liittle time to catch on
and loads might work on the IL-62 some days !

LGA777

AA 777
2005-06-23, 06:03 PM
Well it will only be 1x a week but it still going to be awesome!!!

jakbar
2005-06-23, 06:29 PM
Well it will only be 1x a week but it still going to be awesome!!!

I sure hope it's on a weekend, otherwise I'll have to skip out on work when this plane comes in for the first time. I guess that aint so bad either. :)

Matt Molnar
2005-06-23, 08:58 PM
That's pretty damn cool. An Il-62 sub would be awesome. I remember seeing an Aeroflot -62 parked at JFK back in the late 80s.

SengaB
2005-06-24, 09:14 AM
Wow this great news Matt thx for posting..Being a Russian a/c fanatic I will be thinking about this to no end. You know Aeroflot might bring in thier IL-96s as well if they have to compete! Current;y AFL is flying in their 777s again in JFK.
Senga

Vodkagirlkris
2005-06-24, 10:58 AM
I love being able to read Russian!

PhilDernerJr
2005-06-24, 12:41 PM
I love being able to read Russian!

Well translate it for us!

Vodkagirlkris
2005-06-24, 01:00 PM
The airline " Домодедовские airlines " this year will start to carry out the program of charter flights from Moscow in the cities of the USA - Miami and New York.

The license necessary for performance of flights in the USA was received " by Домодедовскими airlines " in May of this year from the Department of transport and federal aviation administration in the USA.

It is planned, that flights " Домодедовских airlines " in Miami Silt - 96-300 will be weekly carried out on the modern liner. Base configuration Silt - 96-300 assumes 267 armchairs (245 places - economy class, 22 places - business a class) with an opportunity перекомпоновки in one-class - 289 armchairs of economy class.

The airline " Домодедовские airlines " becomes the unique Russian airline which is carrying out the program of charter flights from Russia in the USA.

Can't get it all.... Russian is a little hard to translate. Some words are just plain indigenous.

Futterman
2005-06-24, 01:06 PM
Okay, here's a crude translation.

22.06.2005 - THE AIRLINE « ДОМОДЕДОВСКИЕ AIRLINES » PLANS THE PROGRAM OF CHARTER FLIGHTS IN MIAMI AND НЬЮ-ЙОРК

The airline « Домодедовские airlines » already in it to year will start to carry out the program of charter flights from Moscow in cities USA - Miami and New York.

The license necessary for performance of flights in the USA is received « Домодедовскими by airlines » in May of this year from Department of transport and federal aviation administration of the USA.

It is planned, that flights « Домодедовских airlines » in Miami it will be weekly carried out on modern liner Il-96-300. Base configuration Ил-96-300 assumes 267 armchairs (245 places – economy class, 22 places – business a class) with an opportunity перекомпоновки in one-class – 289 armchairs of economy class.

The airline « Домодедовские airlines » becomes the unique Russian airline which is carrying out the program of charter flights from Russia in the USA.

Brian

Nice reading, Phil. ;)

jetBlueAtJFK
2005-06-25, 12:35 AM
That will be cool getting a IL-96, I have never seen one before.

I can't even pronounce Domodedovo, I guess it is said how it is spelt but anyway, great news.

jetBlueAtJFK

Mr Smith
2005-06-25, 04:35 AM
speaking of things Russian, MAKS is coming up in august, if your a fan of the crazy Russian desinged aircraft then you'll love this airshow! i'm planning on visiting Russia in the near future and especially Monino to get the Bear fleet and the Beriev's.

you can expect super long takeoff rolls from the IL96, would be awesome for 31L banking shots!

http://www.airshow.ru/expo/1/list.htm

Iberia A340-600
2005-06-27, 05:24 PM
I don΄t now about a IL-96 at Terminal 4, it might ruin the new look.

It will be interesting to see how Aeroflot handles the competition.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-06-27, 05:34 PM
It will be interesting to see how Aeroflot handles the competition.

I hope not well...

Futterman
2005-09-27, 05:22 PM
Well, folks, the latest update isn't exactly good news.

Domodedovo Airlines applied for DOT approval today for thrice-weekly nonstop flights to Miami, starting around April 1, 2006 (nothing to do with April fools...). JFK seems to be on the backburner for now, so it doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything other than Continental flying NYC-Moscow in 2006.

Hopefully things'll change. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brian

Futterman
2005-09-27, 05:22 PM
Well, folks, the latest update isn't exactly good news.

Domodedovo Airlines applied for DOT approval today for thrice-weekly nonstop flights to Miami, starting around April 1, 2006 (nothing to do with April fools...). JFK seems to be on the backburner for now, so it doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything other than Continental flying NYC-Moscow in 2006.

Hopefully things'll change. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brian

jakbar
2005-09-27, 05:31 PM
That sucks. However, it's not nearly as painful as Indy Air's announcement that they're pulling their CRJ service from JFK. :)

jakbar
2005-09-27, 05:31 PM
That sucks. However, it's not nearly as painful as Indy Air's announcement that they're pulling their CRJ service from JFK. :)

K9DEP
2005-09-28, 12:55 PM
I saw a couple when I was coming from vacation in Turkey at LTBA and they look kind of small (from my perspective) but know that I know how many people that thing can hold I take it back.

It should be ineresting to see a Russian pilot handle the Canarsie Approach or even better the K9DEP!!!!! -->East SIde

K9DEP
2005-09-28, 12:55 PM
I saw a couple when I was coming from vacation in Turkey at LTBA and they look kind of small (from my perspective) but know that I know how many people that thing can hold I take it back.

It should be ineresting to see a Russian pilot handle the Canarsie Approach or even better the K9DEP!!!!! -->East SIde