PDA

View Full Version : JFK July 21-25 Spotting Anyone?

lear45
2005-06-22, 11:44 PM
I should be around JFK on July 21-25, or at least the 22-25 for sure. I have not shot pics at JFK. It seems that the Costco parking lot is a great spot. I would love to hook up with some people on those days and find out some of the great spots. Thanks.

Futterman
2005-06-23, 12:07 AM
Hey lear45, welcome to the forums!

There appears to be a small group set up for both airports on Saturday the 25th. Plans should become definitive tomorrow or Friday, so keep your eyes open for more information right here.

It'd be pretty damn cool--and ironic--to spot for a bit with a pilot. I look forward to it! :) Just don't be surprised if the outing lasts from 6AM to 6PM. We're wild. lol

Brian

jakbar
2005-06-23, 02:28 PM
There appears to be a small group set up for both airports on Saturday the 25th.

What the futt are you talking about? Did you read the following line in his post:
I should be around JFK on July 21-25 . . . :)

Futterman
2005-06-23, 03:23 PM
HAHA

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:07 am

Apparently not a good time to be posting.

Sorry, lear45...but regardless, I'm sure there will be people out somewhere on JULY 21-25...it's just hard for most people to say for sure this far in advance.

Brian

PhilDernerJr
2005-06-23, 03:32 PM
I should be around JFK on July 21-25, or at least the 22-25 for sure. I have not shot pics at JFK. It seems that the Costco parking lot is a great spot. I would love to hook up with some people on those days and find out some of the great spots. Thanks.

Yes, many of us should be out in the force that weekend, as we are planning filming for an aviation documentary each weekend of the month.

Stay tuned here to learn more as we get closer.

lear45
2005-06-23, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the reply guys! I will keep my eyes posted here. I would love to meet all of you. I am a pilot on a Lear 45 and an avid aviation/airline enthusiast. I do quite a bit of shooting here at LAS and go to LAX frequently. I have always wanted to shoot at JFK. See ya soon!

jakbar
2005-06-23, 06:32 PM
Lear45...are you going to be here on business (i.e., flying the Lear) or vacation? If business, maybe one of the locals might be able to catch a nice arrival or departure shot for you.

lear45
2005-06-23, 09:52 PM
I will be here on business. We are flying into TEB on July 21, then I am going to rent a car and head over by JFK to stay for a few days. Unless someone was going to be around Teterboro anyway it would be too far for you to travel to mess with. My flying partner has an aunt he is going to see in the city, so I figured I would go watch planes and shoot some pics.

T-Bird76
2005-06-23, 10:28 PM
I'll be out that weekend. Be out next week too, anyone want meet up email me [email protected].

PhilDernerJr
2005-06-24, 03:57 AM
I will be here on business. We are flying into TEB on July 21, then I am going to rent a car and head over by JFK to stay for a few days. Unless someone was going to be around Teterboro anyway it would be too far for you to travel to mess with. My flying partner has an aunt he is going to see in the city, so I figured I would go watch planes and shoot some pics.

Nice to hear you'll be in the area. DEfnitely keep us posted on your visit. We love to meet out-of-town friends. :)

DannyO
2005-07-07, 10:00 AM
Hey! Was just wondering if you all meet in a parking lot somewhere and then head over together or if you guys all go on your own and who ever shows up is it. I should be able to go on that weekend but i'm still new to this site and not sure who it all works :) I'd love to meet you too lear...im a pilot from Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach. Hope to see you all soon.
Danny

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-07, 11:50 AM
Hi Danny,

Usually as we are going we, we call some of the other guys on the way and say Hey, I'm headed out to the airport. Are you guys out there? What apot are you going to?"

We just coordinate and generally all agree on what the best spot is for spotting and meet up there.

Lookin forward to meeting you, Danny.

-Phil

lear45
2005-07-21, 07:02 PM
Hi Everyone
I have arrived and am staying around JFK. Let me know where everyone will be hiding over the next couple of days. I think the weather looks good on Saturday. Thanks.

Shane

protonv5
2005-07-21, 09:53 PM
Is LGA included in this weekend's spotting outing? I would like to check out LGA.

cancidas
2005-07-22, 12:32 AM
this is friggin frustrating. last weekend i was off all weekend. the wx sucked balls! this weekend, the wx is going to be good and i hav eto work! ARGH!!

lijk604
2005-07-22, 10:58 AM
I second the AARRGGHH! Haven't gotten out much thanks to the the sig other, and now this week works calls.

jakbar
2005-07-22, 04:24 PM
Hi Everyone
I have arrived and am staying around JFK. Let me know where everyone will be hiding over the next couple of days. I think the weather looks good on Saturday. Thanks.

Shane

Shane, a bunch of us are planning to be out on Saturday all day, so give me a call on my cell (917-660-7871) at any time during the day to find out where we are. Brian and I will be starting out at LGA in the morning and will eventually make our way to JFK for the rest of the day. You're welcome to join up with us for as much or as little as you'd like. I think there are also some plans for dinner on Saturday night, which you'd of course be welcome to join.

Josh

jakbar
2005-07-22, 04:46 PM
. . . a bunch of us are planning to be out on Saturday all day, so give me a call on my cell (917-660-7871) at any time during the day to find out where we are.

I forgot to mention that anyone who wants to join up with the group should feel free to call my cell phone on Saturday. The more the merrier! :)

Josh

lear45
2005-07-22, 05:07 PM
Thanks Josh! I will give you a call tomorrow late morning/early afternoon. Hopefully the sun will stay with us. I was out for a little while shooting some 22 arrivals at JFK today. Dinner sounds great!

Shane

DannyO
2005-07-22, 06:08 PM
Hey guys,
Its friday afternoon and I am planning to go to JFK Sat. morning early. If anybody is going out, please give me a call on my cell: (386)405-7153 and we can get together. I hope some people are going to JFK early so I can find the spots alright. So start posting if you going :)
Danny

jakbar
2005-07-22, 06:11 PM
Hey guys,
Its friday afternoon and I am planning to go to JFK Sat. morning early. If anybody is going out, please give me a call on my cell: (386)405-7153 and we can get together. I hope some people are going to JFK early so I can find the spots alright. So start posting if you going :)
Danny

Danny, while Brian and I will be at LGA for most of the morning, we're planning to head to JFK after that. But, if you're gonna be at JFK in the morning, feel free to call my cell phone (917-660-7871) if you have any questions whatsoever about where to go. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with you later in the day, and perhaps you'll be able to join the group for dinner. Take care.

Josh

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-23, 06:18 AM
The sunrise is gorgeous and it looks like we're heading into a clear sied day!

You guys better go out and have a great day. :) I wanna see pics!!!